uu - FKUJECT MANAGEMENT AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT 2019 (15%)
This assignment is to be carried out as individuals, NOT IN GROUPS.
John Wiley Information Technology Infrastructure Company operating for the past 25 years. This company undertake IT related infrastructure development projects up to $250 million. Currently employ approx. 60 professional staff for the delivery of projects from inception to completion and handover. At present the existing PMIS system currently in use is inadequate to manage the projects effectively and efficiently. The company
have decided to scrap the entire system and implement a new system for the future.
Assume that you have been engaged as an IT consultant to review the current operations and recommend the
appropriate system and IT (Hardware, Software, Infrastructure, Staffing, Training, etc.) requirements for the next 10 years.
PART A (7.5%)
Each student must investigate the following:
a. Alternative planning methodologies and techniques are appropriate for the delivery of current and future IT projects
b. Recommend the selection of a particular methodology and technique.
The methodology and techniques used here must be evaluated and commented on with your
A report of approximately 1000 words is required.
Due Date for Part A Report: Monday, Week 4. Submit an electronic copy in the VU Collaborate Dropbox and the hard copy in the class
PART B (7.5%)
As the consultant, you are requested to identify options, evaluate and recommend a new Project Managemen Information System for the company. This is based on your investigation and recommendations' based on Pa A of the assignment.
Your evaluation and recommendations must include:
• Use of appropriate modern technology and for the future
• Hardware suitable for the company's day to day operations (computers, printers, plotters, modems, networking equipment, etc.)
• General PMIS software suitable for the company's day to day operations (operating system, GUI softy networking software; word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation and communication software; etc.)
• Specialised PMIS software suitable for the projects the company undertakes.
• Staffing requirements and training plan for company staff.
• Provide breakdown of budget estimate for your proposal.
• Provide a schedule for the delivery of this upgrade.
For your recommended system, give a cost estimate, obtaining real, up to date costs from hardware and software companies. (Exclude installation costs).
Due date for Part B report: Monday, Week 6. Submit an electronic copy in the VU Collaborate Dropbox and the hard copy in the class
Oral assessment will be held after your final submission.