Assessment Task 1:
Assessment Task Project & Report
Outcomes Assessed Performance Criteria:
1.1,1.2,1.3, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3
Addresses some elements of performance evidence and knowledge evidence as shown in the
Since your work gathering business requirements for their Learning Management System the owners
have released their strategic plan which in summary contains:
• Offering their complete range of courses nationally through the implementation of a highly
collaborative online teaching environment
• Increase their student base to 2,000 through use of this environment
• Provide world class teaching and learning resources for their online courses through the acquisition of
third party materials and modules
• Develop a report regarding the impact of IT developments by comparing information related to current
operational practices and strategic plan to determine possible IT caps and improvement opportunities.
• Compare and document advantages and disadvantages of the current and proposed IT system
• Determine required changes, the objectives and implications of introducing changes and submit your
findings to the client (your instructor) for feedback
For this task you are required to develop action plans for the changes proposed in Assessment Part A.
Your action plans should take account of relevant considerations such as financial, legal, human
relations and internal and external operating environments.
Document your action plans ensuring that standards, targets and implementation methods are detailed.
• Investigate any impact of IT developments
• Compare information related to current operational practices and strategic plans to determine
• Compare existing systems ability to achieve expected increase
• Identify more appropriate system (either to be developed or one already commercially available)
• Compare advantages of current and proposed system
• Compare disadvantages of current and proposed system
• Identify costs for developing / acquiring and implementing new system
• Identify any associated risks, and mitigation options