Your project report / presentation should address these three key areas:
Where are you NOW ?? (analysis)….20%
Where do you want to go ?? (strategy and action plans)….80%
Organisation and environmental analysis (20% of assignment marks).
For your chosen organisation/offering, present a SWOT framework, to
identify relevant business and e-commerce issues facing the organisation. Critique the organisation’s existing value proposition.
By addressing this issue, you will be demonstrating that you have interpreted the data and drawn conclusions about what is good about what the management of the chosen organisation/offering are currently doing, and what could be done more effectively. This should give you some ideas about how to frame the next two key areas.
Developing an e-commerce strategy (40% of assignment marks)
Based on the market analyses in No. 1:
recommend and justify the type of e-commerce business model
• outline potential and actual market that is available to the chosen organisation
• Determine your positioning in the market
• develop a value proposition.
Developing an action plans (40% of assignment marks)
Recommend and justify a detailed plan to support the marketing strategy described in No 2.
That is; explore the key support areas: Security, payment methods; Order fulfilment; customer service. Also detail the role of digital marketing; social commerce and mobile marketing in your plan. Finally, the legal and privacy area needs to be acknowledged in your plan.
* Use examples (and images) to help explain your plan
Structure of Report.
(main headings – you can also use sub-headings).
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Introduction / Background:
3. Analysis – Organisation and environmental (external / competitors)
5. Action Plans
References made in the plan need to be made according to APA / Harvard Referencing method.
• When completed upload the report and presentation onto Turnitin in Moodle.
• No. of words: 4,000 (this excludes the references and appendix).
• The plan is to be 1.5 spaced (a standard 12 point font should be used).
• Students are expected to maintain an appropriate standard in writing their plan. It should be checked for spelling, consistency and clarity of expression.
Late submissions. As per TOP policy in the Unit Outline.