Quantity Surveying Practice 2 BUIL 4021 SP 2 2019
ASSIGNMENT 1 – CAR PARK The Site
The site is a green fields site covered with grass and a few small shrubs and some trees as noted on the drawings.
The Client is going to do, or arrange for other parties to do, some of the works. Refer to the Specification Notes “Separate Contracts” section for details of these works.
The Assignment Task
i) Prepare a Bill of Quantities for the Works including groundworks, car park paving (sub-base course, base course, bitumen paving, barrier kerbs, kerbs and tray, line marking, decals and signage).
ii) Measurement must include all works required for the car park except those items that are going to be done or organised separately by the Client. Refer to the “Specification Notes”.
iii) Your drawing(s) showing your grid layout, batters and all dimensions related to the grid layout (and used in your Bulk Groundworks spreadsheet) must be submitted in PDF format.
iv) The grid levels and cut and fill line (if applicable) that you have used in your depth calculations must be marked on the drawing and the spreadsheet used for ascertaining these levels must be submitted.
v) All measurement of the quantities and preparation of the Bills of Quantities must be done in CostX.
vi) Submit your CostX file which will include your Bill of Quantities for the work in the form of a Workbook. (A pdf copy of the Workbook / BQ is not required)
ASSIGNMENT 1 – CAR PARK CONT’D Notes: -
1) Use the Bulk Template provided for calculating depths at grid points and the location of the cut and fill line.
2) Make sure that the cut and fill line is clearly shown on the batters drawing.
3) Measure the works from the marked-up Batters Drawing (as was done in the Tutorial)
4) Use the CostX Preambles file (Assignment 1 – Preambles) to set up your Workbook.
5) Put “Allow for attendance” items in for Builder’s attendance on the Separate Contracts. Refer ANZSMM Clause 8.1 of Section 1 which covers Nominated Subcontractors and Suppliers. (Separate Contracts are similar). Attendance is not required on the “Entry and Exit Roads” as these will be completed before the construction of the car park starts.
6) You are not required to finalise the Preliminaries Bill.
7) In CostX use a logical folder system for drawings and dimension groups.
8) Ensure that the Drawing Register is filled in properly.
9) The works must be measured in accordance with the Australian and New Zealand Standard Method of Measurement of Building Works – 2018 Edition. Refer to Section 1, 4 and 37.2
Refer to the Client’s Specification Notes provided separately. Submission Requirements
The Assignment is to be submitted in electronic format and needs to include the CostX (exf) file and all attached drawings. This means that, on completion, you will have to -Export- the Building and upload it to the Uni site.
Ensure that you include your name in the Building Title in CostX and Student No in the “Building Code” field. Put your name and student number on any other documents or sheets / notes etc. that you submit.
As noted above you must submit your spreadsheets (Excel file) and marked up drawings. Assignment 1 is worth 30% of the available course marks.
ASSIGNMENT 1 – CAR PARK CONT’D Preparation / Participation
This Assignment is to be undertaken on an individual basis. A plagiarism check will be conducted using Turnitin software.
Queries should be emailed to your Tutor, Michael Banger, at his UniSA email address. Assignment Due By Date
The Assignment is to be electronically submitted by 5 pm on Friday the 3 May 2019. Extension of Time/Late Submissions
As per School Policy – refer Course outline
DO NOT SEND AN EXTENSION REQUEST TO THE COURSE STAFF – IT WILL BE IGNORED AS THE SCHOOL POLICY IS FOR REQUESTS TO BE MADE ELECTRONICALLY VIA THE COURSE WEBSITE
NOTE: - The penalty for late submission, without an Extension having been granted, is 5% of the mark for every day of delay up to a maximum of 5 days. After 5 days the system will freeze. This is the school policy and it will be implemented very strictly. The only exception is for valid reasons (such as medical or family problems) for which a formal extension should have been obtained by submitting necessary proof.
The submission for an extension must be done no later than 48 hours before the date that the Assignment is required to be submitted. An extension will not be granted after the close date.
The granting of an extension must be done before the date that the Assignment is required to be submitted.