I will need the original file of the gantt chart and you have to show iteration if your approach requires it.
Case Study – SolarPower
Consider a project involving development of an Online SolarPower System for Bob Sparks. The following System and Personnel Information is to be used in Task 1.
Bob Sparks is a professional electrical engineer who works part time for a local coal-fired electricity power station. With the recent advent of government rebates, it has now become affordable for ordinary people to install solar power cells on the roof of their home to generate electricity and sell unused power back to the local electricity provider. Bob recently decided that he has the time and expertise to start a small business supplying and installing the solar panels and has registered the business name as SolarPower.
To date you have helped Bob through the planning and analysis phases of a computerised information system for his new business. Now Bob has asked you to help him with the design and implementation phases.
You have agreed with Bob that the system should be largely ‘form-driven’. For example, a potential customer may, through SolarPower’s website, complete an online request for a free consultation and quote. Or they may apply by phone or in person, in which case one of the staff will complete the form. One of Bob’s staff members will arrange a mutually convenient date and time for Bob to call on the customer. Bob will discuss the customer’s needs with them and supply the customer with a written quote for the desired system.
SolarPower currently have four systems on offer, based on the average amount of power they generate: 1.5 kilo-watts (kW), 2.3kW, 3.4kW and 4kW.
If the customer is willing to go ahead with a type of system, they are required to sign a ‘Solar Power Supply and Installation Agreement’ form. When installation is complete SolarPower leave an invoice/statement with the customer, which must be paid in full within 7 days. Part payments are not allowed. Payment may be by cash, eftpos or credit card and customers are given a receipt.
Bob requires the system to provide him with regular reports showing:
• Appointment details for consultations
• Quotes accepted
• Job schedule (when installation at premises is to be carried out) • Outstanding accounts (installation completed but not yet paid for) You may be able to suggest other more appropriate reports to Bob.
The project is to develop an Online SolarPower System, a web-based system for Bob Sparks. You are in the development team that consists of 4 members. During the project, each team member may take on different roles, but only one role at a time. For example, one person may take the role of ‘analyst’ and ‘programmer’, but not at the same time.
The customer and the oversight committee of the project indicated that the technology investment cost of the project is $25,000.00. They foresaw a consistent recurring cost of $7,500 in using the technology with an expected discount rate of 11% within a 5-year period. They also worked out their forecasted benefits as $30,000.00, $35,000.00, $40,000, $45,000.00 and $50,000.00 in the 5-year period.
Please note the maximum marks that may be awarded to you for each task that you perform in this assignment as in the table below. Please also cross-read more task details in the next section.
For some tasks, marks are distinguished between “Content” and “Format”. That is:
• Content refers to the information provided in the write-up, diagram, chart, or table. The content should be relevant for the specific task/scenario. For example, with a cost/benefit analysis the information or content is the numbers, calculations and required discussions.
• Format refers to the layout and syntax used in the diagram or table. The format should follow that recommended in the Style Guide on Moodle (or if not covered in the Style Guide, then that used in lectures or the textbook). For example, with a cost/benefit analysis the spreadsheet must be laid out in a specific way by adopting the given template on Moodle, making it very easy and clear to read to assist in marking.
• Task 1 (29 marks)
Project Gantt Chart Content 15
Project Gantt Chart Format 7
Clear full Gantt chart in text 3
Explanation of Gantt chart 2
Explanation of assumptions supporting the project Gantt chart 2
Task 1. Project Gantt Chart
For the Online SolarPower System project, create a Gantt chart for all iterations of the project. You must include allocation of personnel. Also provide an explanation of the Gantt chart, including any assumptions that were made in preparing it.
What to include in your report for this task?
1. A screenshot or copy-and-paste of the full Gantt chart. You MUST also submit the original MS Project file
2. Explanation of Gantt chart and any assumptions