ASSESSMENT COVERSHEET – ASSESSMENT 1
Assessment title SITXCOM005 Manage Conflict – Questioning
I declare that this assessment is a product of all my own work:
Student’s Signature Date:19/04/2019
Assessment result (circle incorrect)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Sufficient evidence provided? Yes No
Assessor’s signature Date
Date for resubmission / demonstration: __________________
Assessment 1 – Questioning
Complete comprehensive answers to questions 1 to 10Part 1: Written Questions – complete comprehensive answers to questions 1 to 10
All questions must be answered correctly in order to meet assessment requirements;
Below fundamentals must be demonstrated when completing case studies to achieve a satisfactory result:
1. Identify conflict situations.
2. Resolve conflict.
3. Evaluate conflicts and resolutions.
This is a self-paced assessment that MUST be completed by due date.
You can refer to the internet, workplace procedures, supervisors and other resources to answer the questions, include references of resources used (refer to academic practice Hospitality)
Format of Written Questions & Case Studies
• All questions must be typed in 12 Calibir font, on A4 pages and using Referencing;
• In the footnote type your full name & assessment title
• Please submit using the attached completed assessment coversheet by uploading your assessment on BlackBoard in pdf with electronic signature
1. Discuss what is meant by the term Conflict
Describe three main types of Conflict in the workplace with an example.
Type of Conflict: Example:
2. List and explain seven (7) major causes of conflict and give an example of each.
Cause of Conflict Example
3. List six (6) Body Language signals that can assist us in identifying potential conflict situations
Explain why just relying on Body Language signals is not sufficient in determining a potential conflict
4. Give four examples of how a person’s speech can indicate potential or actual conflict.
5. List and explain the five (5) stages of conflict.
Stage of Conflict: Explanation:
what factors could cause the conflict to escalate.
6. List and explain the 4 possible outcomes to a conflict
Possible outcome to conflict: Explanation:
Which of the outcomes is the most preferred and why.
7. Describe how you would apply the following interpersonal skills/techniques when attempting to resolve a conflict situation:
• Use of appropriate communication
8. Under what circumstances do we need to complete an Incident Report
What information does such a report need to contain:
9.List 6 different types of colleagues/support services you can approach to assist you in managing a conflict situation.
10. Describe how your establishment (or a nominated business of your choice) deals with customer complaints.
Analyse and explain if the procedure or process is effective
Suggest any improvements that can be made.