Research Essay (30%)
You will produce a researched argumentative essay of approximately 1000 words. You will follow the essay structure found in the model essay. The essay will be fully referenced using the Harvard style. The word count does not Include the reference list.
• There should be a minimum of four academic sources that are current, relevant and reliable. These sources can include books/e-books and academic journal articles. In addition to these four academic sources, you may also use reliable internet sources.
• Use English language sources only.
• Referencing is according to the Harvard system.
• There will be no more than 10% direct quotation. All other writing must be paraphrased in your own words.
• The reference list must be on a separate page at the end of the essay.
• Attach a cover page with your name, class, student ID number, and word count.
• The essay must be typed using size 12 Calibri, Times New Roman, or Aria font.
• Use one point five or double line spacing, left justify, number your pages.
You should familiarise yourself with the information in the Unit Outline about Academic Misconduct This covers plagiarism, collusion and cheating. Academic misconduct is a serious offence and penal will be applied consistently with the Academic Integrity Policy.
If you share your work with another student and they copy it, you are also guilty of academic misconduct for collusion. Do not share your work with any other student.
Assignments received late and without prior approval will be penalised. A penalty of 5% of the total available marks will be deducted for every day the assignment is late. Assignments submitted than 5 working days after the due date will be awarded a mark of zero.