Assessment Item 1
• Create a new health policy that addresses an important health issue, excluding policies on seat belts, smoking or helmets
• Provide a brief description of your health policy e.g. policy title and purpose
• Explain why this policy is important for health, using evidence from the literature (with at least 6 references)
• Explain how this policy could be implemented. Include in your discussion the mechanisms required to ensure compliance with your policy e.g. how it might be enforced, encouraged through education etc.
You will be assessed using the marking rubric below. It is strongly advised that you consult the marking rubric beforesubmitting your assessment to ensure you have completed all sections of the assessment. This checklist may also behelpful:
• Have you provided a clear introduction that includes the content, context and map for the essay?
• Do you provide the policy title and explain the purpose of the policy?
• Have you explained what health issue is addressed by the policy?
• Have you provided evidence that shows how the policy addresses the health issue?
• Have you discussed how the policy has been/could be put into practice and incorporating how it does/will ensurecompliance to the policy?
• Do you provide a thoughtful conclusion?