ASSESSMENT TASK 1 – QUESTIONING
Instructions • You are required to answer all questions correctly in Assessment Task 1 – Questioning for Responses to the questions can be either typed or handwritten •
• Written responses must be legible and in pen NOT pencil
• Use of correct grammar and spelling is required to demonstrate foundation skills, so please ensure to proof read your answers prior to submission.
• word limit no more than 100 words for each question.
• Use of APA referencing must be used where original sources have been used. Do not copy and paste text from any of the online sources. SCEI has a strict plagiarism policy and students who are found guilty of plagiarism, will be penalised. Please refer to APA referencing guide
• Write your name, student ID, the assessment task and the name of the unit of competency on each piece of paper you attach to this assessment document
• You are required to submit this assessment to your trainer/assessor by the due date DUE DATE The trainer/assessor will inform you of the due date
1. List two (2) clinical manifestations for each of the following chronic health conditions.
a. Congestive heart failure:
b. Osteoarthritis :
c. Eczema :
d. Stroke :
e. Systemic lupus erythematous:
Define chronic pain.
What are the demographics of chronic pain in Australia?
Mention three (3) etiological factors for Lumbago.
3. Provide a definition and two(2) clinical manifestations of the following:
a. Rheumatoid arthritis
b. Motor neurone disease
c. Parkinson’s disease
4. List two (2) common clinical manifestations seen in each of the following:
a patient with a permanent tracheostomy and a patient with a temporary tracheostomy
5. Identify four (4) common anatomical sites that may undergo malignant changes
6. List four (4) common symptoms of chronic obstructive airway disease (COPD).
7. Describe the aetiology, pathogenesis, clinical features and management of Chronic Bronchial Asthma
8. List and describe three (3) clinical manifestations of a patient with chronic renal failure or chronic kidney disease stage-5
9. Define and classify Diabetes mellitus. Outline four (4) most common symptoms of type 2 Diabetes
10. State at least TWO (2) clinical features that a patient with chronic nerve injury may present with:
11. Define persistent vegetative state. Outline THREE (3) clinical manifestations that are observed in patients suffering with this ailment
12. List at least FOUR (4) Chronic conditions are the leading causes of illness, disability and death in Australia.
13. DEFINE: Continuum of chronic disease.
14. List four (4) life variables that have an impact on health and wellbeing
15. Describe at least ONE (1) impact of chronic diseases on an individual for each of the following a. Social life
b. Emotional state
c. Physical state
d. Psychological state
e. Financial state
a. Define the following modalities of rehabilitation. For each modality, state examples of the equipment involved and techniques used.
Modailty Definition and/ or Technique involved Equipment used
Art and Music therapy
b. Briefly outline the importance of wheelchairs, scooters, walking aids and prosthetics in rehabilitation of a patient
17. Define and describe palliative care?
18. Discuss the principles and practices of person centred nursing care
19. List at least THREE (3) strategies to address and manage most chronic diseases.
20. List and describe the four components in the WHO chronic disease model of care?
21. Define incontinence. How does this manifest in a patient with chronic disease?
22. List three (3) various treatment methods for diabetes mellitus type 2.
23. Identify two (2) ways an enrolled nurse can support a client with chronic rheumatoid arthritis to maintain a positive life role.
24. Identify two (2) behavioural changes required for a client with chronic history of diabetes mellitus overtime
25. Identify two (2) positive attitudinal and behavioural change that can be established by a patient with chronic renal failure.
26. Access and consider below mentioned links regarding resources for the core standards for nurses who support people with disability (NSW Family and Community Services) and answer following questions:
A. TRUE or FALSE
The Nursing and Health Care Core Standards can be used for any nurse supporting people with disability, giving them the basic required knowledge to be able to do their job and be able to demonstrate this. (TRUE /FALSE)
B. Following are the core standards for nursing and health care who support people with disability (NSW Family and Community Services). Circle one correct answer.
i. Person-Centered Health Care Assessments and the Development of Health Care Plans
ii. Communication and Behavior Support
iii. Working with People with Chronic and Complex Health Care Needs:
iv. Mealtime Management for Nurses
v. All of above
C. Circle one correct answer. The core standards materials and resources can be used in a variety of waysfor example:
i. Professional education and training
ii. Knowledge translation and appraisal of core standards in practice
iii. Induction of new staff or staff new to the area of disability iv. As a reference point in supervision or mentoring
v. Use with students on placement or within learning institutions vi. All of above
D. “Nurses works with the multidisciplinary team in the management of chronic and complex health care needs of clients. The multidisciplinary team may include a Speech Pathologist, Dietitian, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Gastroenterologist and Physician”. Considering this statement and the website links provided above, answer the following questions.
Q D1: Choose at least four of provided chronic and complex health care needs and explain their management/treatment.
QD2: list at least four factors considered by a nurse during its (condition) management.
QD3: Name at least 3 multidisciplinary members/people will a nurse be working with in order to meet care needs of clients and why. (250-300 words)
Chronic and complex health care needs are:
• Management of Chest Infection / Aspiration Pneumonia
• Respiratory Health
• Management of Type 2 Diabetes
• Management of Osteopenia and Osteoporosis,
• Management of chronic pain
• Management of bowel problems: Colostomy, Ileostomy.
E. In regard to Person Centered Health Care Assessments and the development of Health Care Plans Core Standard for Practitioners. Answer following questions considering the third web link provided above.
Explain the purpose of Person Centered Health Care Assessments and the development of Health Care Plans Core Standard for Practitioners. Explain what does this mean for in your nursing practice.
Assessment Task 1 – Questioning Marking Guide
Student Name ______________________ Student ID _____________
king Guide Yes No
• Referencing is APA - consistent and satisfactory
• Correct and sufficient response is provided by student to all questions of Assessment task 1
• Used correct grammar and spelling
Not enough or incorrect response by student.
Assessor Name __________________________ Date _____________
Assessor Signature _________________