he purpose of this assessment is to put theory to practice from the Organisational Dynamics and Behaviour by examining what contributes to real-life organisational dynamics through an OB lens and to increase your critical thinking and writing skills.
Description: Essay 2000 words (Submit online using Turnitin)
In brief essay form (Introduction, body and conclusion) you will choose and critically analyse 2 theories from the following list:
• Weiss and Cropanzano's (1996) Affective Events theory
• LeDoux's Model of Emotion
• Schacter and Singer's (1962) Two Factor theory
• Lazarus's (1982; 1991) Theory of Appraisal
The critical analysis will involve the identification of the authors’:
1. What the authors state what they already know about the research area before commencing their key study;
2. What they don't know about the area of research before they commenced their key study;
3. How they are going to find out in order to contribute to their field of study (what is their methodology and methods?).
b) The actual methods they use
c) What their results were
d) Identifying limitations
d) What conclusions they drew from their findings
You will format your essay with second level headings of: Aims, methods, results, limitations, and conclusions for each of the two studies/theories you choose to discuss.
Assessment Task 1 will be assessed against the following criteria each criterion is equally weighted:
1. Identification of points a (1, 2, 3, 4) from above for the author's aims;
2. Assessment of the author’s research methodology (quality of citations, surveys, qualitative interviews, acknowledgement of previous research by the author, supported or unsupported evidence) or if it is theoretical;
3. Identifying what the limitations are;
4. Clear written style (spelling, grammar, syntax etc.) and appropriate ACU academic style referencing (in-text and list of references, https://handbook.acu.edu.au/handbooks/handbook_2016/general_information/academic_honesty_policy?a=372091 guidelines
To obtain access to the seminal theories, it is recommended you use “Ebscohost web” or “Proquest” to obtain peer review articles. Your tutor will provide added advice on this and you also have the ACU Online Library Liaison office to guide to suitable peer reviewed journal articles.
Due date: 29/03/2019, 11:59 PM
Length and/or format: 2000 words
Purpose: The purpose of this assessment is to put theory to practice from the Organisational Dynamics and Behaviour by examining what contributes to real-life organisational dynamics through an OB lens and to increase your critical thinking and writing skills.
How to submit: Submit Word document to LEO submission link.
Return of assignment: Please sign into ACU LEO to view your list of enrolled courses and click on the relevant course link to access rubric and grade.
If you are prevented from submitting an assessment on time by circumstances outside of your control, you can apply for an extension (one business day before the assessment due date).
To apply, complete the extension form (Links to an external site.), along with supporting documentation and send directly to the lecturer in charge. You will be notified of the outcome within 48 hours.
Please note: applications must be submitted at least one business day prior to the due date (e.g., If an assessment is due on Sunday, you will need to submit a form by Friday).
Where an extension of greater than 7 days is needed, you must apply for Special Consideration.
Follow the instructions on page 5 of the Special Consideration form to submit your application.
When you submit work electronically, you agree to the Assessment declaration