My subject is Enterprise Security
ITNET202A - Enterprise Security Case Study Semester 01, 2019
Title: Enterprise Security Case Study
Due Date: 05.00 PM (GMT+8) Friday 17th of May 2019
Value: 40% of the final mark for the unit
Length: Minimum of 2000 words (max of 2500 words) excluding a cover page, tables, and references.
Purpose of this assignment:
The purpose of this assignment is to support the following unit Learning Outcomes (LO) for this unit:
1. Analyze and synthesize information security issues in modern organizations.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the advantages, disadvantages, threats, and vulnerabilities associated with various IT environments.
3. Demonstrate the concepts, principles, and techniques relating to the security of information.
4. Evaluate the importance of information to organizations and society in general.
5. Identify the ethical and legal issues associated with information security and analyze their implications.
6. Use the Internet to locate information security services.
In this assessment, students must produce a case study report on a real-life enterprise security issue from the perspective of a CEO, CIO, CTO (chief technology officer) and CFO (chief financial officer).
Your report should address:
1. Identify the organization involved
2. The nature of any security issues or concerns in that case study.
3. The type of enterprise systems that existed in the organization
4. How the organization responded to the security threat or concern from CEO, CIO, CTO (chief technology officer) and CFO (chief financial officer) point of views.
5. How successful their response was?
6. Any lessons they may have learned from those security issues.
Must show the unit code and title, assignment title, your name, and student number, due date and the title of your topic.
Table of Contents:
Introduce the report, define its scope and state any assumptions. Use in-text references were appropriate.
Main report content
The report should address the task outlined above.
A list of end-text references formatted, using APA 6th format. It is recommended that Endnote is used to manage references. Your references should ideally comprise of books, journal articles, and conference papers.
This report should be between 2000 and 2500 words (excluding references and diagrams) and labelled as .docx and should be in a single file.
Your assignments must be word-processed, and the diagrams are developed using graphics software
(most word-processors provide this facility). The text must be no smaller than 12pt and font Times New Roman
where the assignment is submitted not more than one week late, the penalty shall, for each working day that it is late, be 5% of the maximum assessment available for the assignment; or (b) where the assignment is submitted more than one week late, a mark of zero shall be awarded.
Academic Misconduct (Including Plagiarism):
academic misconduct of any form as unacceptable. Academic misconduct, which includes but is not limited to, plagiarism; unauthorized collaboration; cheating in examinations; theft of other students work; collusion; inadequate and incorrect referencing; will be dealt with in accordance with Academic Misconduct (including Plagiarism) Policy.
Assessment Criteria Maximum
Marks Obtained Marks
Formal language Professionally formatted/drawn diagrams Title, Cover page, Page number, etc... Keeping to the required format 5
Introduction reflects case study 5
Security issues described and appropriate to a case study 5
The type of enterprise systems that existed in the organization 5
The diagram depicts threats relevant to a case study 5
Organisation responded to the security threat and/or concerns from CEO, CIO, CTO (chief technology officer) and CFO (chief financial officer) point of views. 20
Protections identified and discussed Legal and ethical issues adequately discussed 5
Lessons learned from this case study 5
Report presentation and referencing 5
Total Marks 60
Total Worth [40%]