Assessment 2 Brief
Program Bachelor of Business
Subject code MKT303A/MKG303
Subject name International Marketing
Assessment title Assessment 2 – Case Study
Group or individual assessment Individual
Length 2000 words (+/- 10%)
Learning outcomes addressed a, b, d, e
Submission date Week 8
Total marks 100 Marks
1. This assignment must be prepared and submitted as an individual, the work you submit must be your own.
2. You should include a reference list for any textbooks, websites or other references you use to support your recommendations.
3. The purpose of this assignment is for students to use a case study approach to compare and contrast two different international markets for a brand and to recommend which market has the greatest potential for immediate development.
4. The report should consider the external environment (economic, financial, legal, political & cultural) and the student should discuss the similarities and differences for the brand marketer.
5. The company is Australian icon R.M. Williams, which is now owned 100% by luxury goods company LVMH.
6. The two markets to compare are Europe and China
7. Students are advised to conduct secondary research and analysis of the company and the markets to substantiate the recommendations.
8. A professional level of presentation is expected together with adherence to the word limit.
Understanding of the company, its history and its product portfolio 0 - 10 points
Comparative analysis: economic & financial environments 0 - 20 points
Comparative analysis: political & legal environments 0 - 20 points
Comparative analysis: cultural environments 0 - 20 points
Analysis and strategic recommendations regarding Europe and China 0 - 20 points
Document presentation including length & referencing 0 - 10 points
Total marks /100 points
NOTE: Plagiarism will result in a zero mark. All sources must be acknowledged in the body of the report.