Plan and prepare for a meeting
(Research & Project Work)
Online Assessment Instructions
• It is mandatory that you do 25% (at least 5 hours per week) of course study online outside the scheduled class time. For this purpose numbers of study materials including a list of online study resources links have been uploaded on the WiC e-learning site.
• Please use your online study time and uploaded study materials to answer following questions.
The Assessment Task is due on the date specified by your trainer. Any variations to this arrangement must be approved in writing by your trainer.
Submit this report & power point presentation slides with any required evidence attached. See specifications below for details.
You must submit a printed copy of your answers.
Submit printed copy of required evidences (your answers) to your Trainer with the -Assessment Cover Sheet- (Filled out and signed appropriately) attached on top of your documents.
The Trainer/Assessor may further prompt and question in order to receive answers of appropriate quality or if further clarification required and to validate authenticity of your submitted work.
Word limit: Word limit for answering this task is minimum 1200 words
For this assessment you are required to plan and prepare for a meeting to be conducted for a simulated workplace, the Adept Owl Games Company.
Note: The work completed for this assessment task provides the basis for completing Assessment Tasks 2. Ensure you keep an electronic and/or hard copy of this completed assessment for future use.
1. Read the Adept Owl Games Company simulated business information provided by your assessor.
2. Meet with your facilitator/assessor to identify a topic for your meeting.
3. Using the information and Adept Owl organisational chart provided by your assessor, identify your meeting participants and the individuals in your learning group who will fill the roles of these meeting participants.
4. Determine the meeting requirements by completing the Meeting Requirements Form in Appendix 1, making sure you select a meeting style and format appropriate to your meeting’s purpose and participants.
As part of completing this template, ensure that you include identification and description of the following as they apply to your meeting:
a. organisational requirements
b. applicable conventions
c. legal and ethical requirements.
5. Use the Meeting Preparation Action Plan template in Appendix 2 to detail the tasks required to make the meeting arrangements you have identified in Appendix 1 and who is responsible for completing them.
Note: You will need to complete these activities in Assessment Task 2 before you can conduct your meeting.
6. Prepare the required meeting documentation, as per Adept Owl organisational requirements, using templates where required. The documentation will need to include:
a. a meeting invitation to notify required participants of your meeting, including reason for chosen format
b. a meeting agenda
c. a meeting minutes template.
7. Prepare the required meeting papers (at least one) and select an appropriate method to distribute these to meeting participants.
8. Send meeting documentation and papers, as appropriate, to required meeting participants (the individuals in your learning group as per their assigned roles).
9. Submit the required documents for assessment as per the specifications below. Be sure to keep a copy for your records.
You must submit:
? a completed Meeting Requirements Form (Appendix 1)
? a completed Meeting Preparation Action Plan (Appendix 2)
? a meeting invitation
? a meeting agenda
? a meeting minutes template
? at least one meeting paper required for your meeting.
Your assessor will be looking for evidence of:
? reading skills to identify and interpret information from organisational documentation
? writing skills to address context, purpose and audience when creating documents and communications
? numeracy skills to recognise and interpret numerical information related to timeframes and budgets
? ability to recognise and respond to organisational policies and procedures and legislative requirements
? ability to select the appropriate method of communication for your purpose
? ability to apply formal processes when planning complex tasks and to produce plans with logically sequenced steps and an awareness of time constraints.
Appendix 1: Meeting requirements form
Meeting Requirements Form
Participants Internal External
Video or teleconference requirements
Special needs of attendees
Other organisational requirements for conducting meetings
Applicable conventions for conducting meetings
Legal and ethical requirements for conducting meetings
Other specific requirements
Appendix 2: Meeting preparation action plan
Meeting preparation action plan
Action required By whom By when