HI5017 Managerial Accounting
Trimester 3 2018
Assessment Value: 30%
1. This assignment is to be submitted in accordance with assessment policy stated in the Unit Outline and Student Handbook.
2. It is the responsibility of the student who is submitting the work, to ensure that the work is in fact her/his own work. Incorporating another’s work or ideas into one’s own work without appropriate acknowledgement is an academic offence. Students should submit all assignments for plagiarism checking on Blackboard before final submission in the subject. For further details, please refer to the Unit Outline and Student Handbook.
3. Maximum marks available: 30 marks. Refer to marking rubric for marking criteria.
4. Assignment should be of 3,000 words. Please use “word count” and include in report. Presented in Calibri font size 12
5. Due date of submission: Week 10, Sunday at 23.59 p.m.
Format of the Report:
1. You should at least have the following details:
a. Assignment Cover page clearly stating your name and student number
b. A table of contents, executive summary
c. A brief introduction or overview of what the report is about.
d. Body of the report with sections to answer the sections required and with appropriate section headings
f. List of references.
2. Diagrams and tables clearly labelled and explained.
3. Ensure all materials are correctly referenced.
Instructions for Preparation of Assignment:
You are to choose one ASX listed company from the list available in Blackboard and register your chosen company with your lecturer in class or via email before commencing the assignment. You need to access the 2018 Annual Report for your chosen company.
You are required to prepare a report to comment on the budgeted income statement for the following Financial Year. The report should cover the followings:
a. An explanation of the elements of the Master Budget.
b. A discussion about the comparison of top-down and bottom-up approach to the budget process and analyse which one is more suitable for your chosen company.
c. Based on the 2018 Annual Report, produce budgeted income statement for 2019 with the following changes: (i) Sales are projected to grow by 10%, (ii) Costs of Goods Sold are projected grow by 8% and (iii) Expenses are projected to grow by 2%.
d. Present the Budgeted Income Statement for 2019 and Actual Income Statement for 2018. Compare the data and provide your opinion on the changes.