Work with your supervisor at your Host Company, to identify a project that you can work on, i.e. a defined piece of work that you can plan, investigate, develop and deliver during your time at your internship.
Your project does not have to be big, but it cannot be routine, everyday work, such as working on help desk, assembling PC’s, fixing bugs in programs, and so on. You will use this project to produce an RMP (Risk Management Plan) in weeks 7 and 8 of the course
Now create a Scope Statement for your project, using the template provided and the separate instruction document for completing it. Please take care to enter information in ALL required fields. The information you write in your Scope Statement should be 200 - 300 words:
You should have at least 3 constraints, 3 assumptions and 3 risks. Write at least a paragraph (several sentences) for the Project Description and the Business Benefit.
Upload your completed Scope Statement to the forum for the others to read and comment on.
Compare your Scope Statement with at least 2 other classmates.
Download the RMP (Risk Management Plan) template.
Complete Part 1: Project Context, using the information from your Scope Statement.
Upload the template to the forum.
You do not need to comment on the responses of any of your classmates here.
Risk Treatment Methods
1. The project team is developing an app for iOs, Android, Windows and Symbian phones. The development team lead identifies a risk with the Symbian phones. She says that the team have no experience with Symbian, and the Symbian operating system is not capable of performing many of the required functions. You recommend to the client that “Symbian” compatibility be removed from the project. The client agrees. Which risk treatment method is this? Explain your answer.
2. Which risk treatment method should be used when a section of the project is too difficult for the company to perform? Explain your answer.
3. You are managing a project which uses subroutines and libraries from a number of different sources. You are concerned that the project might accidentally contravene the law. So you ask the HR department to employ someone with specialist knowledge in the area. Is this an example of “Transference”? Explain your answer.
4. What is the difference between “Avoidance” and “Acceptance”?
Comment on the responses of at least 2 other classmates
Remember marks are awarded on your work as follows:
• 0 marks if there has been no reading of seminar and module overview as applicable in the week.
• 1 mark if reading of the seminar/module overview as applicable, has happened
• 2 marks if seminar/module reading has occurred and there is some quality work but it is not of sufficient quantity and/or timeliness
• 3 marks if above conditions are met and it has appropriate references to support the argument and discussion
• 4 marks if all the requirements in 1,2 &3 above are present and the work demonstrates a high quality of engagement and thought.