Foundations of Information
BBS102 / BHM102 / BAC 102
Group Assignment Details
Mr Peter Steven Matheis
© Melbourne Polytechnic 2018
Any third party materials included in this presentation are attributed.
Word Count: 1200 words
Due: Week 12 (Friday 5pm)
Weight: 20% (report) & 10% (presentation)
Details: Group work Report and Presentation which researches future IT trends and their impact on businesses within the industry under study.
Students must select one of the following IT trends and discuss the application within business.
In Week 13 students will present their report in a creative powerpoint presentation!
Future IT Trend Topics
Groups must select ONE of the following future IT trends of interest.
The emerging world of information technology is one in which data is king, social platforms evolve as a new source of business intelligence, and cloud computing finally
delivers on IT’s role as a driver of business growth. These emerging trends that challenge long-held assumptions about IT and are poised to reshape the business landscape!
1. Big Data;
3. Mobile Web Performance;
4. The Internet of Things;
5. Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality;
6. Virtual Assistants; 7. Cloud Computing;
8. AI & Machine Learning.
The following sections should be fulfilled to be awarded full marks.
1. Provide an Introduction on the background of the selected future IT trend;
2. Complete a background research review on the future IT trend, discussing the evolution and application of the trend and provide facts / figures;
3. Discuss 5 key benefits resulting from the application of the IT trend within business (provide business examples);
4. Conduct an analysis of the future movement of the IT trend in business and what changes may occur in future (positive and negative factors);
5. Provide a conclusion in summary.
? All reports must be typed in Times New Roman or Calibri size 12 font;
? A minimum of one and a half spacing must also be used;
? Must use comprehensive in-text referencing (minimum 5 references);
? A table of contents is required (all group member names and IDs are required);
? Assignment is to be presented in report style, with a title, subheadings, and page numbers;
? An executive summary is necessary and you must have an introduction and conclusion;
? Any detection of plagiarism will lead to an immediate fail grade in the task, and possible exclusion from the subject. Each report will be assessed as a group on the percentage of similarity as it is not possible to stipulate an ‘acceptable’ percentage, it depends on the nature of similarity detected;
? Reports are to be submitted online via Turnitin Moodle;
? The word limit for this report is 1200 words (+/- 10%) excluding references;
? References to ‘Wikipedia’ or to similar unsubstantiated sources will NOT be accepted.