Assessment 2 Critical Writing Task
Exposition: 1000-1200 words
Drawing on at least 6 readings from this subject + 4 readings from your
discipline, write an exposition on the following question:
Why are skills in critical literacy important in your field? How does this
subject prepare you for future study and employment in your chosen field in
your home country?
Weighting 35% of final Grade
Format / Length /
Duration Essay 1000-1200 words
• Appropriately structured exposition
o Coherent whole-text structure
o Coherent paragraphing
o Ability to paraphrase and synthesise
o Ability to interpret and analyse
• Meeting the minimum word count expectations.
• Submission on time
10 | EDGX800 SUBJECT OUTLINE SPRING 2018
• The accuracy of your written presentation
• readability of written work
• absence of spelling mistakes and grammatical inconsistencies
2. Analyse critically, reflect on and synthesise information to solve complex
problems within a specialised discipline
Method of Submission
Submit via Turnitin link on Moodle.
This assessment task has been set up to be checked by Turnitin, a tool for
checking if it has unreferenced content. You can submit your assessment task
to Turnitin prior to the due date and Turnitin will give you an originality report.
You can then make any changes that may be required and re-submit you final
version by the due date.