HA2011 Managerial Accounting
Trimester 2 2018
Assessment Value: 20%
1. This assignment is to be completed by a group of 2 - 4 students.
2. Students must report the names and student IDs for all group members to the lecturer of their class by e-mail before the end of week 8.
3. This assignment is to be submitted in accordance with assessment policy stated in the Subject Outline and Student Handbook.
4. It is the responsibility of the group who is submitting the work, to ensure that the work is in fact their own work. Incorporating another’s work or ideas into one’s own work without appropriate acknowledgement is an academic offence. Students should submit all assignments for plagiarism checking on Blackboard before final submission in the subject. For further details, please refer to the Subject Outline and Student Handbook.
5. Maximum marks available: 20 marks.
6. The word limit for the assignment is 3,000 words. Please use “word count” and include in report.
7. Due date of submission: Week 10, Sunday at 23:59 p.m.
You are recently employed as a graduate consultant in a management consultancy firm and are assigned to a team. One of your firm’s clients is currently evaluating its budgeting system. The CEO of your client had recently attended a seminar on Activity-Based Budgeting (ABB) in private companies and would like to know whether ABB is suitable to the company. Your manager has asked your team to prepare a report for the client.
Your group is required to prepare a report to comment on the suitability of ABB for a company of your group’s choice (your firm’s client). The report should cover the followings:
a) A description of your firm’s client
b) A description of the ABB and its features
c) In what ways ABB is different from traditional budgeting systems
d) A discussion on whether the ABB is suitable to your firm’s client