Research Project ECTE 992
The aim of this assignment is to introduce you to the current state-of-the-art technologies being pursued by researchers and practitioners in both academia and industry. You will be required to write a maximum of 5 pages (as per the given IEEE format) on a topic in one of the areas listed below. It must contain a ‘State-of-the-Art’ section containing a summary of five research papers covering one or more key problems, and corresponding solutions (ignore any analysis and results/experiments). You will be marked based on the following criteria:
• Understanding (80%) -- the report must demonstrate that you have a good understanding of the key ideas, system details, and fundamental problems/issues. Specifically, you must detail for each paper (i) the system being considered, (i) its aim, (ii) the problem being considered, (iii) motivation for the problem.
• Presentation (20%) -- the report is presented in a coherent manner (good English) with proper IEEE referencing. Do not cite Wiki articles.
Topics (not exhaustive, email me if you have another topic in mind) Pick any five papers from the following journal
- Due date: 12pm, Thursday of Week 10
- You are to write your report using the IEEE template (see Moodle) - Submit your report on Moodle – Research Assignment Submission Folder.
- This is an individual assignment (not a group assignment)
- Students found to have copied from each other will receive an automatic mark of zero.
- Students cannot copy any sentences from any sources. This will get you a mark of zero.
- Providing a citation does not equate to a license to copy and paste a sentence from a source! This will also get you a “distinguished” mark of zero.
- You cannot use the materials from ECTE 953 or ECTE451 or ECTE458 or any previous reports you have submitted for another subject. In other words, you cannot submit the same report (or parts thereof) for assessment in multiple subjects.