HI5016 International Trade and Enterprise
Topics for 2st Research Paper: DUE Week 10
1. Inter-industry trade and Intra-industry trade
2. Internal economies of scale and external economies of scale
3. Monopolistic competition and Oligopoly markets
5. International labour mobility and its effects on countries
6. Tariffs and Import duties – effects on industries and the economies, costs and benefits of a tariff
7. Trade policy- comment on Australia’s trade policy (both positive and negative impacts on Australian economy, industries and employment)
8. Import substitution and Export oriented approach (Compare any other developed nation with Australia)
9. Controversies in trade policy- winners and losers in trade and Australia free trade agreements with Korea, Japan or China.
Suggestion on how to approach the research paper
If you choose a topic on Trade Policy, for example, you will need to do research on this topic and write a report which will analyse how trade policies are affecting the countries and companies in their pursuit of market expansion or market share or profitability. You need to elaborate on both sides of the arguments as which countries/industries and winning and which countries/industries are losing or have not enjoyed the benefits of particular trade policy of a country or group of countries.
To do this, you will need to research at least 5 to 10 sources /articles for your paper. Simply cut and paste from Google is not acceptable. Academic research is the key to get good marks with proper references (APA style or Harvard Business).
- More marks for research – choosing a good article on something specific
- At least 4 to 6 articles on your topic besides facts and figures
- Copying theory from the book is not acceptable
- More marks for application and your comments on the topic in introduction and conclusion