Market Entry and STP Strategy back to top
Due Date: 17-Sep-2018
Return Date: 10-Oct-2018
Length: 2500 words excluding material from Assessment 1
Submission method options: Alternative submission method
In this assessment, you will continue to use the country and focus organisation you worked on in Assessment 1. Here you will develop the next steps in their international marketing plan.
Part 1 of Assessment 2 requires you to evaluate all realistic market entry options for this organisation in your target country market (typically at least three, including your preferred option). These options should be discussed, covering advantages and disadvantages, how they might work and reasons for adopting or discarding each one, within the context of your company and the chosen market.
In Part 2 of Assessment 2, it is now necessary to identify potential market segments (target markets) in the chosen country and consider how they might be serviced by your organisation. You must show your understanding of the concepts involved and your ability to think through and express marketing strategy options. In justifying your choice for the STP strategies, you must:
• Explain the strategic approach you used to segment the market, and justify why you have selected particular target market segment(s) in the chosen market. These may be within the 828 sector, 82C or a combination; and
• Identify your recommended positioning strategies for each target market.
Rationale back to top
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
• be able to analyse the elements of the global marketplace.
• be able to critically evaluate global marketing opportunities.
• be able to interpret and assess the impact of marketplace variables on marketing practice in the global marketplace.
• be able to select markets and justify market entry options.
• be able to effectively communicate recommendations of a global marketing strategy.
This assessment has been designed to:
• demonstrate the application of the knowledge gained in the subject to the development of strategies in an international market;
• allow you to develop your information searching and critical thinking skills; and provide you with further experience in academic writing
On successful completion of this assessment, you should:
• be able to interpret and assess the impact of marketplace variables on marketing practice in the global marketplace;
• be able to select markets and justify market entry options; and be able to create justifiable and effective marketing strategies.