You are recently employed as a graduate consultant in a management consultancy firm and are assigned to a team. One of your firms clients under your team is currently evaluating its accounting system and the CFO of your client thinks that they needed to make an investment in an accounting software to take their business to the next level.
Your group is required to prepare a report to evaluate and recommend an accounting software for an Australian company of your groups choice (your firms client). The report should include the following components:
a) Assignment cover page clearly stating your name and student number
b) A table of contents, executive summary
c) A brief introduction or overview of what the report is about.
d) Body of the report with sections to answer the above questions and with appropriate section headings
f) List of references
The body of the report should cover the following areas:
• Provide a description of your client and its business activities.
b) Business requirements
• What are the key business processes for your client?
• What outcomes are required from these processes to achieve business objectives?
c) Systems requirements
• What are some of the possible software features or functionalities that the firm should consider to achieve their IT investment objective?
d) Software selection
• Visit the web sites of accounting software package vendors (e.g. SAP, MYOB, Xero etc.). You need to visit at least three (3) software vendors websites.
• Which category of accounting software (low, medium or high-end) suitable for the firm? Give your justifications in detail.
e) Vendor selection
• Compare and contrast the features/functionalities of two accounting software packages offered by accounting software package vendors within your selected category in e).
• Which one would be the most suitable vendor and accounting software package for your client and why?