HI5015: Legal Aspects of International Business and Enterprise
Due date: Week 6
Total marks for this assignment is 20 marks. Total weight for this assignment is 20% Word limit is 2000 words.
This assignment is to be submitted by the due date via SafeAssign on Blackboard.
The assignment is to be submitted in accordance with assessment policy stated in the Subject Outline and Student Handbook.
It is the responsibility of the student submitting the work to ensure that the work is in fact his/her own work. Ensure that when incorporating the works of others into your submission that it appropriately acknowledged.
This is an individual assignment. Students undertake to complete this assignment individually without any assistance from any other student or person. The assignment consists of 3 questions, which must be answered in essay form. All questions are required.
Please read and re-read these instructions carefully to avoid any mistakes in writing and submitting your assignment.
a) The total word limit for the assignment is 2,000 words (+/- 10% allowed). Each question has a specific word counts; please follow these individual word counts. Word count limits are strictly enforced. A deduction of 2 marks will be imposed for every 50 words over the word counts for each individual question and the total word count allowed for the entire report.
b) The total word count for the entire report must be clearly written on the cover sheet of the assignment and the individual word counts written after the answer to each individual question. A paper will not be marked if the word counts are not written on the cover sheet.
a) This assignment requires you to choose and write about a multinational company (MNC) operating in Australia. Following these instructions is a list of multinational companies to choose from.
b) Enter the name of your chosen MNC in Blackboard.
a. Go to “Assignments and due dates” “Individual assignment: choose your Multinational Company”.
b. Choose a company from the list of 100 multinational companies (MNCs) to research and write about.
c. You cannot choose a company that has already been chosen and entered by another student before you.
d. Unless your lecturer advises otherwise, you can work on your chosen MNC as long as it has not been chosen by another student before you.
c) A 50% deduction automatically applies if you work on a company different from the one you entered in Blackboard, without obtaining prior permission from your lecturer.
a) Submissions must be de done online and run through SafeAssign on Blackboard. A signed cover sheet must be attached showing the total word count for the assignment. No hard copies are required.
b) Submissions through SafeAssign must show a similarity percentage figure. Any submission that does not show a SafeAssign similarity percentage will not be marked and be required to re-submit.
c) Late submissions will be subject to Holmes Institute policy on student assessment submission and late penalties (please refer to subject outline and Student handbook).
Citation and referencing:
a) Each answer must have a minimum of 3 scholarly, academic references (minimum of 9 in total for the entire assignment) which are appropriate for a Masters Level assignment.
b) Assignments are expected to observe proper referencing in accordance with a generally accepted system of citation (ex, Harvard System; Australian Guide to Legal Citation). A properly referenced assignment showing in-text citation is critical to passing the group assignment.
SafeAssign similarity percentage:
a) Plagiarism in any form, shape or manner is unacceptable under any circumstances and will be dealt with according to Institute policy on plagiarism.
b) In general, for written reports, a SafeAssign similarity percentage of 25% or below is acceptable. Regardless of the similarity figure, all group reports must use in-text citation and observe proper referencing rules.
1. Identify a multinational company (MNC) operating in Australia. Provide a brief description of the company including the following:
• The industry the company operates in
• Number of staff in Australia
• Number of staff globally
• Location of global headquarters
(150 words; 3 Marks)
2. Identify any legislative regulatory framework/s affecting the MNC you have identified operating in Australia and discuss why and how it affects the company. For example, multinational corporations, like local companies, are subject to 30 per cent corporate tax. (925 words; 8.5 Marks)
3. Identify any treaties, conventions or agreements that have impacted on the products or services that your chosen MNC provides in Australia. How does it impact the provision of these products and services? (925 words; 8.5 Marks) LIST OF MULTINATIONAL COMPANIES
Company name Nationality Industry
1. Apple Inc United States Technology
2. Alphabet Inc-Cl A United States Technology
3. Microsoft Corp United States Technology
4. Amazon.Com Inc United States Consumer Services
5. Berkshire Hathaway Inc-Cl A United States Financials
6. Facebook Inc-A United States Technology
7. Exxon Mobil Corp United States Oil & Gas
8. Johnson & Johnson United States Health Care
9. Jpmorgan Chase & Co United States Financials
10. Wells Fargo & Co United States Financials
11. Tencent Holdings Ltd China Technology
12. Alibaba Group Holding-Sp Adr China Consumer Services
13. General Electric Co United States Industrials
14. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd South Korea Consumer Goods
15. At&T Inc United States Telecommunications
16. Ind & Comm Bk Of China-A China Financials
17. Nestle Switzerland Consumer Goods
18. Bank Of America Corp United States Financials
19. Procter & Gamble United States Consumer Goods
20. China Mobile Ltd Hong Kong Telecommunications
21. Anheuser-Busch InbevSA Belgium Consumer Goods
22. Roche Holding Switzerland Health Care
23. Royal Dutch Shell United Kingdom Oil & Gas
24. Wal-Mart Stores Inc United States Consumer Services
25. Visa Inc-Class A Shares United States Financials
26. Pfizer Inc United States Health Care
27. Chevron Corp United States Oil & Gas
28. China Construction Bank China Financials
29. PetrochinaCo Ltd China Oil & Gas
30. Verizon Communications Inc United States Telecommunications
31. Novartis Switzerland Health Care
32. Oracle Corp United States Technology
33. Coca-Cola Co United States Consumer Goods
34. Walt Disney Co United States Consumer Services
35. Comcast Corp United States Consumer Services
36. Toyota Motor Corp Japan Consumer Goods
37. Home Depot Inc United States Consumer Services
38. Philip Morris International United States Consumer Goods
39. Merck & Co. Inc. United States Health Care
40. Intel Corp United States Technology
41. Cisco Systems Inc United States Technology
42. Citigroup Inc United States Financials
43. IBM Corp United States Technology
44. HSBC Holdings Plc United Kingdom Financials
45. TSMC Taiwan Technology
46. Pepsico Inc United States Consumer Goods
47. Unitedhealth Group Inc United States Health Care
48. Agricultural Bank Of China China Financials
49. Bank Of China China Financials
50. Unilever Netherlands Consumer Goods
51. Altria Group Inc United States Consumer Goods
52. Total Sa France Oil & Gas
53. British American Tobacco Plc United Kingdom Consumer Goods
54. MastercardInc United States Financials
55. Amgen Inc United States Health Care
56. Sap Germany Technology
57. Sanofi France Health Care
58. Siemens Germany Industrials
59. 3M Co United States Industrials
60. Commonwealth Bank Of
Australia Australia Financials
61. Bp Plc United Kingdom Oil & Gas
62. LVMHSA France Consumer Goods
63. Kraft Heinz United States
64. Medtronic Plc Ireland Health Care
65. InditexSA Spain Consumer Services
66. Schlumberger Ltd United States Oil & Gas
67. L'Oreal France Consumer Goods
68. Boeing United States Industrials
69. Royal Bank Of Canada Canada Financials
70. Mcdonald'S Corp United States Consumer Services
71. Abbvie Inc United States
72. Glaxosmithkline Plc United Kingdom Health Care
73. Charter Communications United States
74. China Petroleum & Chemical China Oil & Gas
75. Ping An Insurance Group China Financials
76. China Life Insurance China Financials
77. Celgene Corp United States Health Care
78. Goldman Sachs Group Inc United States Financials
79. Bayer Germany Basic Materials
80. Honeywell International Inc United States Industrials
81. United Parcel Service- United States Industrials
82. Toronto-Dominion Bank Canada Financials
83. Eli Lilly & Co United States Health Care
84. Nike United States Consumer Goods
85. BHP Billiton Australia Basic Materials
86. Ambev Brazil Consumer Goods
87. BASF Germany Basic Materials
88. Ntt Docomo Inc Japan Telecommunications
89. Westpac Banking Corp Australia Financials
90. United Technologies Corp United States Industrials
91. Reynolds American Inc United States Consumer Goods
92. Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc United States Consumer Services
93. Banco Santander Spain Financials
94. Bristol-Myers Squibb Co United States Health Care
95. Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Japan Telecommunications
96. Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Gro Japan Financials
97. Gilead Sciences Inc United States Health Care
98. Broadcom Ltd United States Technology
99. Novo Nordisk Denmark Health Care
100. Priceline Group Inc United States Consumer Services