Assessment item 2 DECK to Dap
Strategy Choice back to top
Due Date: 14-Sep-2018
Return Date: 05-Oct-2018
Length: Length: 1, 250 (+/- 10%)
Submission method options: Alternative submission method
In this assignment, you are required to write 1,250 word mini-report, including a brief executive summary.
Your Report should cover the following:
1. Identify and evaluate the suitability of the organisation's current CORPORATE level strategies. You are required to use the same organisation you analysed in assignment 1.
(a) Identify and discuss the corporate level strategies that the organisation is implementing/has implemented
(b) Evaluate the suitability of the organisation's current strategies. Recommend no more than two alternative strategic initiatives that the organisation should pursue to improve its effectiveness and justify your recommendations.
Online submission via Turnitin is required for this assignment. Details will be provided by your subject lecturer.
Rationale back to top
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
• be able to identify and explain the key components of strategic management such as strategy analysis, strategy formulation and strategy implementation, and their interrelationships.
• be able to review and evaluate the evolution of ideas and practices leading to the development of strategic management and its relationship to other management practices and principles.
• be able to identify and differentiate between functional areas such as marketing, finance, operations and human resource management and evaluate how they should act conjointly toward the attainment of the organisation's strategic aims and objectives.
• be able to evaluate the importance of developing strategically appropriate relationships between people, processes, functions, structures and even organisations.
• be able to critique, act strategically, and make recommendations in the context of the potential of strategic management vis-a-vis the realisation of organisational change and/or success in the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors.