Written Report – individual assessment (2000 words)
Purpose: This assessment is designed to reinforce the subject content and develop students’ skills and application of knowledge of the subject content to business situations. This assessment relates to learning outcomes a, b and c.
Task Details: This assignment requires a consideration of accounting theory concepts with critical analysis with application to General Purpose Financial Reporting by corporations. Students are required to prepare a comprehensive report directed to an Australian ASX Top 100 listed corporation detailing a critical analysis of the effectiveness of the corporation to meet the obligations of the conceptual framework of accounting.
1. Provide a critical analysis of the annual reportof the corporation. Consideration of the adherence to AASB, true and fair, conceptual framework, corporations law, etc. should be considered.
2. Provide a comparison with other corporations listed on the ASX of similar nature and how well you think your corporation has performed.
3. In summary, please consider if you were given $10,000whether based on your company and it's annual report information provided whether you would be likely to invest in your company. Construct your summary to support your conclusion.
The Summary Report:should include data extracted from the General Purpose Financial Report and all relevant material (academic and non-academic) analysed.
Marking Guide: Analysis 30% Theory support 30% Recommendations/conclusions 30% Presentation 10%
Format for the report:(2000 words)
1. Executive Summary
2. Introduction of the company
3. Accounting standards / Conceptual framework of the company (AASB, APES, corporations law, etc)
4. Critical analysis of the company’s report:
(And comparison with any one corporation listed on the ASX of similar nature and how well you think your corporation has performed)
Contingent liabilities, depreciation method used, statement of cash flows, P&L a/c, Balance Sheet, revaluation of assets, amortization, provison, fair value, leases, dividend, inventory,etc.
5. Share market analysis of the company:
Needs graph explanation and graph as well for share market
(And comparison with any one corporation listed on the ASX of similar nature )
6. Recommendation to investors or shareholders of the company
8. References (minimum 8)
This assignment should talk about has Healscope LTD done accounting and auditing that met ASSB,APES and other corporate rules? It should also talk on if this company has done all disclosure that is helpful for investors. Negative and posetive feedback can be given.. No need of ratio analysis.. comparision to similar companies can be done on the approach of doing accounting.. feedbacks and sugession to company itsself on the approach of accounting (posetive and negative). Try taking new datas no older than 3 years.. conceptual framework is important.. overall its analysis of quality of accounting of Healthscope Ltd