HI5015: Legal Aspects of International
Business and Enterprise
Word limit is 2000 words.
Due date is in this Friday.
Citation and referencing:
Each answer must have a minimum of 3 scholarly, academic references (minimum of 9 in total for the entire assignment) which are appropriate for a Masters Level assignment.
Assignments are expected to observe proper referencing in accordance with a generally accepted system of citation (ex, Harvard System; Australian Guide to Legal Citation). A properly referenced assignment showing in-text citation is critical to passing the group assignment.
SafeAssign similarity percentage:
a) Plagiarism in any form, shape or manner is unacceptable under any circumstances and will be dealt with according to Institute policy on plagiarism.
b) In general, for written reports, a SafeAssign similarity percentage of 25% or below is acceptable. Regardless of the similarity figure, all group reports must use in-text citation and observe proper referencing rules.
1. Identify a multinational company (MNC) operating in Australia. Provide a brief description of the company including the following:
• The industry the company operates in
• Number of staff in Australia
• Number of staff globally
• Location of global headquarters
(150 words; 3 Marks)
NOTE: I have chose Eli Lilly & Co, a global pharmaceutical company that incorporated in United States and it provides health care service globally. All the assignment should focus on the legal aspect based on Australian Legal Environment.
2. Identify any legislative regulatory framework/s affecting the MNC you have identified operating in Australia and discuss why and how it affects the company. For example, multinational corporations, like local companies, are subject to 30 per cent corporate tax. (925 words; 8.5 Marks)
3. Identify any treaties, conventions or agreements that have impacted on the products or services that your chosen MNC provides in Australia. How does it impact the provision of these products and services? (925 words; 8.5 Marks)
The preferred reference book is attached herewith.