Assessment item 2 AA Assignment 2 - Tasks and Forensics Report Due Date: 15th August 2018
Submit your AA task to Melbourne CSU Request CSUMELRequest@studygroup.com
Task 1: Recovering scrambled bits (10 Marks)
For this task a text file with scrambled bits will be provided. You will be required to restore the scrambled bits to their original order and copy the plain text in your assignment.
Deliverable: Describe the process used in restoring the scrambled bits and insert plain text in the assignment. Also, provide the screenshots of all the steps showing the final output.
Task 2: Digital Forensics Report (20 Marks)
In this major task assume you are a Digital Forensics Examiner. Considering a real or a hypothetical case you are required to produce a formal report consisting of facts from your findings to your attorney who has retained you. You are free to choose a forensics scenario which can be the examination of a storage media (HDD, USB Drive, etc), email or social media forensics, mobile device forensics, cloud forensics or any other appropriate scenario you can think of.
Deliverable: A forensics report of 1800-2000 word.
This assessment task covers data validation, e-discovery, steganography, reporting and presenting, and has been designed to ensure that you are engaging with the subject content on a regular basis. More specifically it seeks to assess your ability to: • determine the legal and ethical considerations for investigating and prosecuting digital crimes
• analyse data on storage media and various file systems
• collect electronic evidence without compromising the original data;
• evaluate the functions and features of digital forensics equipment, the environment and the tools for a digital forensics lab;
• compose technical tactics in digital crimes and assess the steps involved in a digital forensics investigation;
• prepare and defend reports on the results of an investigation