HRPD 708 - Training and Development – Singh
Team Research Paper: 50 Marks (Value 20%)
Due Date: Week of July 16, 2018
The purpose of this exercise is to allow students to take a “hands on” approach to research Training and Development in corporate Canada, and to foster teamwork amongst students.
Working in small teams of 4;
Reach out to a Training & Development professional in industry and set up an interview with them to discuss their organization’s approach to Training & Development.
Suggested discussion areas but not limited to;
Do you consider your organization to be a Learning Organization?
What kinds of training initiatives are you engaging in during these hard-economic times?
How much of your training and development programs are outsourced?
Is there any value in Cross-Cultural training?
Are you engaged in providing Diversity training?
What is the value of E-Learning in your workplace?
Are games and simulations used in your training delivery?
Does your organization conduct training evaluations?
Are Corporate Universities useful? Does your organization have one?
1. Based on the interview provide a detailed analysis of the organization’s approach to Training & Development. (25 Marks)
2. Based on the interview and further research provide a discussion of your team’s learnings in relation to Training & Development in Corporate Canada. This is not theoretical but must capture the learning of the team in relation to information gathered in the interview and research. (15 marks)
3. Clarity of communication, clear and conciseness of points and free of spelling and grammatical errors. Proper use of APA format. (10 marks)
• Prepare a word-processed document, double spaced with a font size of 12.
• Please upload a copy of your team’s research paper to the digital drop box located on our course site by 11:30PM on the due date. Late assignments will be penalized 5% per day unless extenuating circumstances prevail as per the School of Business Assignment Policy.
• Please ensure that the assignments have a cover paper complete with my name, team member names, course code and due date.
• Be sure to always cite all sources you use including the personal interview. Use APA format with proper References and In-Text Citations.