The assessment to be done is the file named as - task 4-.
The others are just for consultation to develop the activity requirements
Task 4 – Assess information and communication outcomes
Objective To provide you with an opportunity to assess and demonstrate your understanding of the communication outcomes.
When completing the Assessment, choose one of the case studies provided.
You have the option t o bring your own work-related project into class, which you can use when completing your assessments. This w ill help you with your learning and allow you to take away from the course a body of knowledge and experience that you can relate to and potentially use in your workplace.
PLEASE NOTE: If y ou choose this option, we require you to provide a letter of confirmation from your employer that confirms the relevan ce of the project to your work.
You are required to u pload this letter as part of your document submission.
Please discuss with your trainer before working on your project.
You must resear ch and use the information to provide examples in your responses to show clear understan ding of the activity requirements
Purpose of the assessment
task This assessment task is designed to evaluate your following skills and abilities:
• Ability to manage generation, gathering, storage, retrieval, analysis and dissemination of information by project staff and stakeholders
• Implement, modify, monitor and control designated information-validation processes to optimise quality and accuracy of data
• Implement and maintain appropriate communication networks
• Identify and resolve communication and information-management system issues
• Finalise and archive records according to agreed project information ownership and control requirements
• Review project outcomes to determine effectiveness of management information and communication processes and procedures
• Identify and document lessons learned and recommended improvements
for application in future projects
• Review project outcomes and document suggestions for improvements to managing project information and communication for future projects.
• Interprets and analyses complex texts from a range of sources
• Develops project documents using vocabulary, structure and conventions appropriate to text
• Evaluates outcomes of decisions to identify opportunities for improvement
Assessment task description • This is the fourth (4th) assessment task you have to successfully complete to be deemed competent in this unit of competency.
• This assessment task requires you to complete two activities.
• This assessment contains 2 Parts;
o Part 1: An email to the project steering committee and the project team (between 100 and 150 words) which provides details around
your project management information system and your communications management plan.
o Part 2: A report for your project sponsor (between 100-150 words) which confirms your finalisation process as it relates to communications, a review of the project outcomes and identification and documentation of lessons learned along with recommend improvements for application in future projects.
• You will be notified by your trainer/assessor when results are available.
You must attempt all activities of the project for your trainer/assessor to assess your competency in this assessment task.
• Assessment Task 4
• Part 1.
You are required to write an email addressed to your project steering committee and your project team in order to implement and commence management of your communication management plan and your project management information system.
Understanding the audience for this email it should follow formal business formats and etiquette to clearly explain that your Communications Management Plan (CMP), which includes details on your project management information system (PMIS), has now been approved and is being put into action. You are to reference the “attached” document and include instructions on the following items:
• Who has access to this PMIS and include an explanation of the different levels of access (whether that access is read only, read/write, administrator or manager level) for each person. To be written either in text or table format
• Where in the CMP they can find the file set-up, naming conventions and version controls to be used within the PMIS to ensure quality and accuracy in the data that is contained within the PMIS
• Who will be managing communication on your project and how they will be doing this
• Where in the CMP they will find a list of the other roles and responsibilities within the project team as it applies to the communications plan.
• Part 2.
It is now the end of your chosen project and you are required to write a report to your project sponsor which has 3 separate headings/topics to be covered. The report is required to be between 100 and 150 words in length.
1) To clearly explain how you’ve finalised and archived records according to the agreed control requirements.
2) Include in the report a review of the project outcomes to determine the effectiveness of your information and communication process and procedures.
3) Finally identify and document lessons learned during the course of your project and recommend improvements for application in future projects.
• Elements for Competency Demonstration
? Elements for Competency Assessment:
1. Plan information and communication processes
2. Implement project information and communication processes
3. Assess information and communication outcomes
• Performance Evidence:
Evidence of the ability to:
? Develop a communication management plan and an information system for a specific project
? Implement a project information system with a systematic approach to storage, searching, retrieval and archiving of relevant information
? Implement and maintain communication processes
? Review project outcomes and document suggestions for improvements to managing project information and communication for future projects.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.
• Knowledge Evidence:
To complete the unit requirements safely and effectively, the individual must:
? Explain alternative communication methods and media and their application on various projects
? Identify effective project-management information systems and their various applications
Explain methods used to evaluate information systems and communication processes.
• Foundation Skills:
? Interprets and analyses complex texts from a range of sources
? Develops project documents using vocabulary, structure and conventions appropriate to text
? Participates in verbal exchanges using clear language and appropriate non-verbal features
? Uses active listening and questioning to confirm understanding and agreement
Navigate the world of work
? Understands responsibilities and boundaries of own role
Interact with others
? Actively identifies requirements of important communication exchanges, selecting appropriate channels, format and content to suit purpose and audience
Get the work done
? Sequences and schedules complex activities, monitors implementation and manages relevant communication
? Uses problem-solving techniques to analyse and resolve issues
? Evaluates outcomes of decisions to identify opportunities for improvement ? Uses digital tools to access, organise and analyse complex data
• Record of Assessment Outcome
Student ID Date
Type Satisfactory Date
I have been provided with feedback on the evidence I have provided. I have been informed of the assessment result and the reasons for the decision.
Student Signature: _______________________________________________________
The student has been provided with feedback and informed of the assessment result and the reasons for the decision
Trainer Name/Signature: _______________________________Date: ___________
RTO Materials- BSBPMG516 V3- 2016 Page 6 of 6 RTO Provider: 91153 - CRICOS Code: 02672K greenwichcollege.edu.au