Course: Research and comply with regulatory requirements
STUDENT ID. NUMBER
RESULT INDIVIDUAL ASSESSMENT RESULT ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY S ¨ NS ¨ FINAL RESULT C ¨ NYC ¨
I have received the Assessment Feedback on____________________________ (DATE)
ASSESSOR SIGNATURE DATE
VERSION DATE AUTHOR COMMENTS
25th November 2016
PURPOSE OF THE ASSESSMENT TASK
The essential requirements for this Assessment Task are below: Satisfactory (S) Not Satisfactory (NS)
Legal responsibilities and liabilities of managers and directors in varying business structures ? ?
Objectives and primary components of laws, codes, standards and licensing requirements that impact on specific operators in the tourism, hospitality and event industries ? ?
functions and general operating procedures of regulatory authorities of particular relevance to the tourism, hospitality and events industries ? ?
Overall performance was deemed: Satisfactory (S) Not Satisfactory (NS)
Assessment/evidence gathering conditions
? A student can only achieve competence when all assessment components are completed as per instructions
? A student who is assessed as Not Satisfactory (NS) is eligible for re-assessment as per the VET Supplementary Reassessment Policy
Resources required for this Assessment Task
? Computer with relevant software applications and access to internet
Instructions for this Assessment Task
Please read the following Student instructions carefully:
? This assessment has to be completed 1 Online
? The assessment is to be completed according to the instructions given by your assessor.
? Feedback on each task will be provided to enable you to determine how your work could be improved. You will be provided with feedback on your work within two (2) weeks of the assessment due date. All other feedback will be provided by the end of the term.
? Should you not answer the questions correctly, you will be given feedback on the results and your gaps in knowledge. You will be given another opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and skills to be deemed competent for this unit of competency.
? If you are not sure about any aspects of this assessment, please ask for clarification from your assessor via posting the Subject Forum.
ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY: KNOWLEDGE ASSESSMENT
Answer with a consider response each of the following questions:
1. ‘Liquor legislation’: Investigate liquor legislation in two (2) Australian States and compare their common themes.
2. ‘Gaming legislation’: What is the main concept behind gaming legislation?
3. ‘Privacy legislation’: Privacy legislation protects individuals from collection and distribution of their personal information without their approval.
4. Explain each of the following:
‘Copyright Act 1968’
‘Criminal Code Act 1995’ as it relates to child sex offences outside Australia
‘European Economic Directive of Foreign Travel’
‘Food Standards Australia New Zealand Act 1991’
‘Liquor licensing’, especially as it relates to the responsible service of alcohol
‘Privacy Act 1988’
‘Queensland Tourism Services Act 2003’
‘Residential Tenancy Act’
5. What are the implications of ‘Privacy Legislation’ for hotels and resorts?
6. What are three (3) types of business structure found in the hospitality industry?
7. Explain the following types of insurance and indicate which of these is compulsory:
8. List five (5) ways for hospitality managers to stay up-to-date and current with legislative changes
9. You want to open a food stand at a local park. Find out if it is possible to do this by visiting your local Council website. Summarize your findings
10. Identify and name four (4) sources of information you may use in order to research legal information in your industry.
11. Name one (1) website where you can get information for small business owners and operators, particularly for legal compliance issues.
12. Name two (2) types of licences a business may require in TH&E industry.
13. Contracts formalise the agreement between two (2) parties. They are binding legal documents. List six (6) types of contracts that you may need to enter into as part of running a business.
14. What are three (3) consequences of businesses not complying with legislation and regulatory compliance?
15. What are the penalties for failing to comply with the ‘Travel Agents Acts’?
16. What are the penalties for Australians who commit child sex offences while overseas?
17. List five (5) issues in your industry that you may need to seek specialist legal advice about.
18. How can standard operating procedures help ensure legal compliance
19. How can including an approval step in the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) you comply with Work Health & Safety (WHS)?
20. List three (3) duties of a ‘Compliance Manager’.
21. List three (3) ways that you can notify staff of updates to policies and procedures
22. List three (3) ways you (or your personnel) can keep up to date with legislation changes that may affect your industry.
23. Name one (1) regulatory body from your industry that you may consult for compliance advice.
24. Why must a business make sure that any contractors they employee, holds the appropriate licences?
25. List five (5) documents you may need to keep up to date as proof that you are checking your businesses compliance on a regular basis.
26. In a business with a partnership structure, who has the debt liability?
27. In a business with a Company structure, can the shareholders have personal assets taken if the business assets are not enough to pay the debt?
28. According to Australian law, everyone has an equal right to work and to be treated fairly while at work. It is illegal to deny someone an opportunity to work on the basis of what? List three (3) items.
29. Can your refund policy state ‘No refunds’? Explain.
30. Provide one (1) example of a local or by-law you might need to comply with in your industry.
END OF PAPER