Task 2 (For team member 2)
1. Do you require white card for the project your team has been working for last 10 weeks? If yes, elaborate the requirements to acquire white card in your project. If no, analyze the other requirements for skilled workers.
2. As a finance manager develop an iron triangle for cost management for your project. Justify each of the factors.
3. Assume any Engineering project and develop activities that can be mapped according to the following network diagram. For example, Task A is “Polishing sample”, Task B is Characterization etc. Determine the critical path in MS project.
In MS PROJECT, show the critical path of the project your team has been doing for last 10 weeks. Explain the critical bottleneck activities from project start to end date. For the other activities, how much delay can be tolerated without delaying project completion? Include the MS project snapshots wherever necessary.
4. Explain the Earned value (EV) analysis in your project. Use MS project to show EV projections.
Task 4 (For team member 4)
1. As a Quality manager, develop an iron triangle for quality management for your project. Justify each of the factors.
2. Assume any Engineering project and develop activities that can be mapped according to the following network diagram. For example, Task A is “Polishing sample”, Task B is “Characterization” etc. Determine the critical path in MS project and perform
• crashing by resources and
• crashing by activities
3. (a) Consider you are a project manager for a company. The client wants tracking to be done to ensure project completes on time. List out the obstacles while tracking the project and give a brief explanation on each possible solution to avoid the conflicts.
(b)Perform the following tasks in MS project & use snapshots wherever necessary.
• Show tracking of your project in MS project by setting baseline as 70%.
• Due to obstacles while execution of the project, some of the tasks are incomplete. Use tracking module in MS project and show the tasks, which are affected & highlight the amount of work completed of the affected tasks.
4. List all the health and safety and the environmental laws (HSE) that you need to abide in the project. List out all such activities in your project that you are required to abide by HSE. Develop a mitigation and contingency plan where ever required.