ssessment item 3
Highlights and Participation
Due date: 06-May-2018
Return date: 29-May-2018
Length: 1500 words
Submission method options
Alternative submission method
This is an individual student assessment. Class participation is assessed by a student's engagement in the Discussion Board facilitated by your lecturer, contributions to questions posed by the lecturer or general questions asked during Adobe Connect discussions.
• This assessment is designed to test your knowledge, skills or capabilities of the materials covered during lectures and Adobe Connect sessions.
• You are to submit each week the ‘Highlights’ of one article you have read for each topic covered from Weeks 3 to 8.
‘Highlights’ are a short collection of bullet points that convey the core findings and provide readers - your fellow students and lecturer with a quick textual overview of the article.
• Each ‘Highlight’ will be limited to a maximum of 250 words.
• The presentation format will be bullet points which describe the essence of the research (e.g. key learnings from the reading, results, conclusions and practical implications) and highlight what is distinctive about it. Other students are also invited to post their responses and comments in the blog on a week to week basis.
• Articles must be selected from any of the following academic journals (most of these are available on line:
o Journal of Advertising
o International Journal of Consumer Studies
o Journal of Consumer Affairs
o Journal of Consumer Psychology
o Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services
o Journal of Consumer Research
o Journal of Consumer Behaviour
o Journal of Consumer Marketing
o Advances in Consumer Research
o Journal of Advertising Research
o International Journal of Advertising
o Journal of Interactive Advertising
o European Journal of Marketing
o Industrial Marketing Management
o International Journal of Research in Marketing
o Journal of Marketing
o Journal of Marketing Research
o Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science Marketing Science
o International Marketing Review
o Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing
o Journal of Hospitality Marketing and Management
o Journal of Interactive Marketing
o Journal of International Marketing
o Journal of Marketing Management
o Journal of Services Marketing
o Journal of Strategic Marketing
o Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management
o Journal of Digital and Social Media Marketing
o Public Relations Review
o Asia Pacific Public Relations
o Journal Journal of Public Relations Research
o Corporate Communications: an international journal
o Journal of Marketing Communications
o Journal of Retailing
This assessment is about encouraging students to develop their ability to critically think and their collaborative learning skills. The intent of the assessment is designed to provide insight into the learning objectives: that is to be able to explain and critically discuss the role of consumer behaviour in the overall marketing and business strategy, and to evaluate theoretical concepts underlying consumer behaviour.
Details of the marking criteria are contained below and in the Assessment Section on Interact 2 online - Assessment 3 - MKT510 Marking Criteria
Ensure your A3 report format is as follows (marks will be deducted unless the following is included):
1. Title Page: Subject details, assessment number and topic, your name and ID number.
2. Submit each week to the Discussion Forum and
3. Then cut and paste all responses at the end of the six weeks into a Word document and submit via Turnitin by 11:59pm on the due date.
For this assessment you are required to use APA referencing to acknowledge the sources that you have used in preparing your assessment. Please refer to the CSU referencing guide http://student.csu.edu.au/study/referencing-at-csu. Also refer to https://apps.csu.edu.au/reftool/apa-6