Assessment Type: Company Report – 1,200 words (+/- 10%); individual assessment
Purpose: The purpose of this report is to demonstrate research and academic literacy skills. Building on Assessment 1, you need to produce writing that is clear, concise and meaningful, whilst now incorporating evidence from sources. The structure, format, cohesion and coherence of report writing need to be demonstrated. This is a text type that Business students are often asked to produce, so this will give you an opportunity to walk through the steps of the report-writing process.
Possible business fields that you group may choose from:
• Social media
• Choose your own adventure (Please note that you will need to find your own text about your field.)
Due Date: Sunday 20th May of Week 9 – submit by 3:00 PM.
Submission: Upload a soft copy in one Microsoft Word document to Turni tin via Moodle. The submission must include a KOI cover sheet.
Task Details: Include the following sections in your assessment submission:
1. Introduce the industry you are focusing on
2. Your company
2.1 One aspect the company excels at
2.2 Another aspect the company excels at
2.3 One aspect that the company is criticised for
3. Conclusion & Recommendations
Ground the reader in the topic by introducing the industry that you are focusing on. Then describe your chosen company within that industry. Analyse the company by specifying two aspects that the company does well and one aspect that it is criticised for. Finally, summarise the main points that you have put forth in your report and give recommendations for how the company could improve.
Research requirements: Include a minimum of four sources, using the Harvard Anglia referencing style. Please use RefWorks and double check that the references are correct.
Formatting: • Include a cover sheet as the first page of the submission.
• Use appropriate numbered headings and subheadings.
• Include a table of contents and a table of figures if there are any.
• Use Calibri 11pt or Times New Roman 12pt font and 1.5 spacing.
• The paper must be thoroughly edited and proofread at the sentence, paragraph and whole report level before being submitted. Please use Grammarly to correct writing mistakes.
(Tourism platfrom: AirBnB https://fr.airbnb.com )