Student ID No:
Please complete the following question and tasks based of the study of the learner guide for SITTTSL008 Book Supplier Services , your practical assessment and your working knowledge of the subject.
This assessment is deigned to assessment of knowledge and understanding
Students must attempt to answer all questions in their own words on the assessment paper provided. The questions are designed to assess their understanding of the unit as well as their underpinning knowledge and to demonstrate they have achieved the required knowledge to industry standards. All questions must be answered correctly to achieve competency for this assessment task.
Attempt to answer ALL questions in your own words on the assessment paper provided. The questions are designed to assess your understanding of the unit as well as your underpinning knowledge.
1. A customer has obtained a quote from you last week and wants to convert it to a booking. List three places where you can check all the details quoted prior to making the booking:
2. List 2 ways in which you can make a booking for a client and why you would use this method of booking: (E.g. Via Fax)
3. For each of the following booking types, list 3 different suitable products or service bookings that can be made:
Booking Suitable Products and Services
4. Place the following itinerary in order of booking:
3 nights’ accommodation in hotel
Day tour at destination point
5. What is a preferred product and why do we have them?
6. If a customer has not requested a specific product (e.g. Hilton Hotel), what are two things you should take into account when selecting that product for the customer?
7. List 8 details you would need to provide when making a booking with a Tour Wholesaler to ensure your customer receives the correct service?
8. List four entries that would be required on a client booking file when making a booking:
9. List three amendments that a client may ask you to make when updating a booking file:
10. What are amendment fees and why should a client be advised about these fees prior to making changes to their booking?
11. Name three final customer details that a Supplier will require upon finalization of a booking:
12. What are two standard payment requirements of Tour Wholesalers when making bookings for our customers? (E.g. When do they want money and why?)
13. Files are updated whenever information on that booking is received or a change occurs. It is important that we make diary notes to schedule these future actions. List 4 actions that will be required on a booking. E.g. Balance due
14. List 4 documents that we can issue for customers at the time of booking:
15. Name two types of transactions that will affect the financial status of a customer’s booking file:
16. What do we need to check when we receive a Tour Suppliers’ confirmation for a customer’s holiday?
17. Why would you ask your customer for an alternative or second choice when requesting a holiday booking?
18. You have booked your customers flights via Galileo and all the land arrangements via a Tour Wholesaler. You have just received a schedule change on the flights. List 3 reasons why you would need to advise these new flight timings to the Tour Wholesaler:
19. Explain in your own words what is meant by ‘Packaging the Products’.
20. Provide the correct meaning for the following industry terms:
E. On request
21. Outline the procedure for making a tourism booking request:
22. Explain two reservation systems used by the Tourism Industry including their features:
23. Prior to booking a holiday for a Customer, you need to identify specific details of each product and service that is required by the Customer. List below what details you need to successfully book the following products:
Car Hire ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
24. What are two different ways you could receive a booking confirmation from a Supplier?
25. Name two ways you can reduce the use of printed materials when booking a holiday for a customer:
26. How do you decide who is the most effective Supplier to use when booking a holiday for your Customer?
27. Explain your understanding of the following industry terminology and interpret the codes below. Why are these used?
A. 24 hour clock ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2400 = ……..
11.30 am = ……..
0100 = ……..
7.30 pm = ……..
B. Three letter city codes
SIN = …………………………..
BRISBANE = …………………………..
SYDNEY = ………………………….
OOL = ………………………….
28. Outline your understanding of Australian Consumer Law that relates to providing products to Customers. What do these cover?
29. Provide 3 examples of common time constraints and deadlines that apply to tourism bookings:
30. Why are communication skills so important when discussing your Customer bookings with Suppliers?
31. Fill out the attached booking card based on the following scenario:
1. Your clients, Mr. & Mrs. H. Day are taking their children to the Gold Coast from Sydney to visit friends and have a bit of a break. You have booked the family on QF1512 leaving Sydney at 08:30 and arriving into the Gold Coast at 09:45. They will be there for 7 nights and will be staying at the Mercure Resort in two adjoining rooms at a cost of $120 per room per night. Their return flight is on QF1243 at 07:15, arriving Sydney at 08:45
2. Flights and accommodation booked through Qantas. Reference number or PNR: QBC124. You spoke with Sue-Ann at QF.
3. They will be hiring an Avis Toyota Camry for 7 days at a cost of $63-00 per day (all inclusive). They will be collecting it and dropping it off at the airport. Avis Booking number is L4789G.
4. The client will need to pay for their airline tickets within 72 hours. The costs of the tickets are: $176-00 per person return (adults and children are charged the same price – booked V Class Fare basis VLE6M)
5. They have arrived to book this today (October 21st, 2010). They will be departing for their holiday on Friday November 18th
6. Client’s family is:
Day/Mr Harold/Mrs Holly/Master Patrick/Ms. Val
17/8 Trafalgar Street
Brighton-Le-Sands NSW 2216
Phone: 02 9599 4079
7. They have agreed to take out family domestic insurance with Travelcover (Plan B) at a cost of $57-00 in total
TICKETS AND DOCUMENTS
NOT TO BE COLLECTED
BEFORE MANAGER’S REVIEW
Offered on / /
Client: Refused/Accepted Cover
FLIGHTS AIR DEADLINE:
FARE TYPE: OTHER DEADLINE:
TICKET NO’S ADVISED TO: DATE:
Flight Class Day Date From To Status Depart
DATE DETAILS INTLS