MGMT19128 Term 1 2018 Assessment 1: Case study guideline
The assessment involves the application of strategic management theories, concepts and tools covered upto week 6 to analyse a case. This is an individual assessment with a maximum of 1500 words to be written in a business report format. Your submission should use a combination of at least 10 academic journal and textbook references.
Any assessment with a ‘Turnitin’ score of more than 25% will be checked by the marker and unit coordinator for potential plagiarism issue although it may not necessarily mean that you have plagiarised. If there is a substantial similarity score in the ‘Turnitin’ report, your assessment could be forwarded to an appropriate office/authority.
Case study title: Challenges at the North Australian Pastoral Company (NAPCO)
Case link: https://cqu-a.alma.exlibrisgroup.com/view/delivery/61CQU_INST/1276939930003441
- Provide a good executive summary and a brief introduction to the company and the case (5 marks)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the external forces influencing the company (5 marks)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the internal forces influencing the company (5 marks)
- Analyse whether the company's internal environment is well adjusted to cope with external change in the industry and in its environment (10 marks)
- Integrate findings from theoretical and empirical research (10 marks)
- Report format and writing (3 marks)
- Citation and Reference list (2 marks)
- Penalties apply for exceeding word limit (1% mark will be deducted from the total mark for Assessment 1 for every 100 words over the allowed 1500 words limit)
- Penalties apply for late submission (5% mark will be deducted from the total mark for Assessment 1 per day unless an approved extension has been granted).
Submission checklist for Assessment 1:
• 1.5 line spacing and 12 size font in Times New Roman
• Maximum of 1500 (+10%) words
• Submissions should be made in .doc or .docx format
• Note that if you are using Mac, you may need to change to the acceptable format before final submission.