Assessment item 2
Needs Assessment Report
Due date: 23-Apr-2018
Return date: 15-May-2018
Length: 2000 words, +/10% excluding items listed below.
Submission method options
Alternative submission method
Prepare a Training and/or Development Needs Assessment of an organisation/ organisational area that you are familiar with or have access to, based on the work you completed in assessment 1.
In undertaking this assessment please ensure that you are able to demonstrate an understanding of the process for assessing training and development needs. The Needs Assessment should identify one main training and / or development need and recommend options e.g. training programs that would address this need. In Assessment 3 you will develop these.
In your submission, you should:
Explain the reason for undertaking a needs assessment, this may include identification of performance gaps;
Explain and justify the method you have chosen to conduct the needs assessment;
Evaluate the needs assessment process used to determine if training and/or development is necessary; and
Examine possible outcomes if needs assessment is not properly planned or conducted. Ensure that relevant academic literature is used to support your discussions. This should go beyond the text book and be current i.e. generally less than five years old.
This assessment will enable students to demonstrate their understanding of the various learning theories covered in Topics 2-5 and:
• be able to identify and critically evaluate the environmental forces influencing Australian organisations;
• be able to conduct a strategic needs analysis;
• be able to apply relevant concepts in an organisational setting;
• be able to synthesis and critically evaluate relevant academic literature, and
• be able to apply practical reasoning to address real world problems.
This assignment is designed to assess learning outcomes:
• be able to recommend suitable learning theories that can be utilised in specific organisational environments; and
• be able to conduct a strategic needs analysis for an organisation.