EEET1255 Written Assignment
Segmentation of blood Vessels
Due date: 11:59pm Friday 18 May 2018
• To understand the fundamental processes of image processing.
• To understand the basic concepts of the processes and issues associated with the acquisition of digital images.
• To study the MATLAB tools of image enhancement
• To process an image for the segmentation of blood vessel using the knowledge learned from the course.
• MATLAB HELP
• R.C. Gonzalez and R.E. Woods, Digital Image Processing, 3rd Ed., Prentice-Hall, 2007. (ISBN: 0-131-68728-X)
1) Read the reference book to understand the basic concepts of the processes and issues associated with the acquisition of digital images. Study Figure 1 and discuss the related acquisition issues.
2) Understand image enhancement. Search MATLAB functions in image processing toolbox to enhance the image ‘vessel.jpg’.
3) Test the segmentation algorithm of Lab4 on the image ‘vessel.jpg’ to extract the vessel structure.
4) If task 3 is not successful, you need to use other MATLAB or third party functions to extract the vessel properly.
5) Describe the algorithm you used and discuss your result.
6) [Important] Report writing with proper references.
Figure 1: Intensity change at vessel cross-section. In left image, red line indicates the cross-section of a vessel. Right image shows the intensity change along the red line.
Show in class big screen in 2nd class of Lab4 Part A