Acute care in Nursing 2
Please read all instructions here, and attachments as follow
Assessment Task 1
1. Attachment 1. Assessment task information, which includes leaning outcome which you need to, read properly and see what the writer is looking for. and referencing to be used
Attachment 2. Case studies, but you only need to choose 1 and answer the questions , which includes the words limit for each question.
Attachment 3. Marking criteria, please read it and follow what they looking for in HD
I need 10-13 referencing list and please include Lovett jones referencing the clinical reasoning it on the page in the refrencing list
Assessment Task 1
Students are to choose one (1) of the case studies available (see LEO) and answer the associated questions. The assignment is to be presented in a question/answer format not as an essay (i.e. no Introduction or conclusion). Each answer has a word limit (1600 in total); each answer must be supported with citations. A reference list must be provided at the end of the assignment.
Due date: 1/04
Length and/or format: Purpose: 1600 words
To assess learning outcomes as stipulated below.
Learning outcomes assessed:
1. Apply clinical decision making skills to identify and prioritise health problems for individuals experiencing acute medical health alterations
2. Explain the impact of acute medical health alterations for the individual and their family/carers
3. Minimise the psychosocial effects of acute alterations in health for individuals and their families/carers
4. Identify the links between the pathophysiology and manifestations of acute medical health alterations (GA 4)
5. Plan evidence-based, holistic, person-centered care for individuals experiencing acute medical health alterations, including education and discharge planning (GA 5) Determine appropriate nursing therapies and describe medical and allied health interventions for selected acute medical health alterations
6. Evaluate the effectiveness of nursing therapies and interventions
7. Apply evidence, standards and guidelines to analyse selected acute critical incidents and their management
ONLINE RESOURCES AND TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS
The LEO page for this unit contains further readings/ discussion forums.
TEXTS AND REFERENCES: Required text(s) Berman, A., Snyder, S., Kozier,B.,Erb,G.,LevettJones,T.,Dwyer,T.,etal.(2014).KozierandErb’sfundamentals of nursing. (3rd Australian ed.) French’s Forest, NSW: Pearson Australia.
Farrell, M., & Dempsey, J. (2014). Smeltzer and Bare’s textbook of medical-surgical nursing (3rd Australian and New Zealand ed.). Sydney: WoltersKluwerHealth/ Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. Jarvis, C. AustralianAdaptingEditorsForbes,H.,Watt,E,.(2012).PhysicalExamination & Health Assessment (6th Australian and New Zealand ed.). Chatswood, NSW: Elsevier/ Saunders
Martini F., Nath J & Bartholomew E. (2012). Fundamentals of anatomy and physiology. (9th edn). San Francisco: Pearson.
McCance, K., & Huether, S. (2014). Pathophysiology: The biologic basis for disease in adults and children (7th ed.). St. Louis: Elsevier/Mosby.
McKenna, L. & Lim, A. G. (2012). Pharmacology for nursing and midwifery. (1st Australian and New Zealand Edition). Broadway: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. (2016). Registered nurse standards for practice. Retrieved from http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Codes-Guidelines- Statements/Professional-standards.aspx
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. (2013). Codes and guidelines. Retrieved from http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Codes-Guidelines-Statements/Codes- Guidelines.aspx
Perrin, R. (2012) Pocket guide to APA Style (4th ed.) Boston Massachusetts: Wadsworth/ Cengage Learning. (Highly recommended).
Tiziani, A. (2013). Havard’s nursing guide to drugs. (9th edn). Sydney: Mosby/Elsevier Page 12 of 17 Version:
Tollefson, J. (2012). Clinical psychomotor skills: Assessment tools for nursing students (5th ed.). South Melbourne: Cengage Learning