HI5017 Managerial Accounting
Trimester 3 2017
Assessment Value: 20%
1. This assignment is to be submitted in accordance with assessment policy stated in the Subject Outline and Student Handbook.
2. It is the responsibility of the student who is submitting the work, to ensure that the work is in fact her/his own work. Incorporating another’s work or ideas into one’s own work without appropriate acknowledgement is an academic offence. Students should submit all assignments for plagiarism checking on Blackboard before final submission in the subject. For further details, please refer to the Subject Outline and Student Handbook.
3. Maximum marks available: 20 marks.
4. Assignment should be of 2,000 words. Please use “word count” and include in report.
5. Due date of submission: Week 10, Friday at 5.00 p.m.
You are recently employed as a graduate consultant in a management consultancy firm. One of your firm’s clients is currently evaluating its budgeting system. The CEO of your client had recently attended a seminar on Time-Driven Activity-Based Costing (TDABC) in private organisations and would like to know whether the TDABC is suitable to the company. Your manager has asked you to prepare a report for the client.
You are required to prepare a report to comment on the suitability of the TDABC for a company of your choice (your firm’s client). The report should cover the followings:
a) A description of your firm’s client
b) A description of the TDABC and its features
c) In what ways TDABC is different from Activity-Based Costing and traditional costing systems
d) A discussion on whether the TDABC is suitable to your firm’s client