STRATEGIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Each student will write a literature review of NOT more than 2500 words. The review should demonstrate that the student has thoroughly researched their topic. Students should use examples of business practice from the scholarly journals papers, conferences, books and professional magazines to support their arguments
The literature review would be on how Strategic Information System help organisations to achieve an alignment between the strategic goals of the organisation and the current and future IT infrastructure of the organisation.
The literature review will cover:
1. Identification and discussion of the chosen company’s structure, products and services under consideration
2. Operations and functionality: Identify and discuss
a. The current processes
b. Any gaps and what is not working properly
c. Which specific issues that the new system will fix
d. Criteria that will be used to prove the proposed system meets requirements
3. Discuss what constitutes an Information Systems (IS) Strategy and explain why such strategy is needed as part of the overall organisational strategy.
4. Discuss why the organisation may experience difficulties in developing an Information Systems Strategy. As part of your answer you should suggest solutions to the difficulties you discuss.
5. With reference to your studies on Information Systems failures:
a. Analyse the typical problems that might be expected to arise within Information Systems projects.
b. Illustrate your answer with reference to literature and any relevant examples.
c. Suggest remedies to the problems you have identified.
Please make sure the submission has the appropriate presentation and writing style. The research should include a list of references used in the research report and a bibliography of the wider reading done to familiarize oneself with the topic. All reports must use the Harvard referencing style