Assessment tasks: Project Plan (About 500 words)
Due date: 9 am, Monday 18 December.
This project plan will contain five components:
1. Choose a topic which relates to human resources management in a country and a statement detailing your ‘field of research’ - in this, you must clearly explain the relevance of your field of research for the profession, towards the course you are studying: Human Resources Management
2. A source of secondary data linked to your chosen field of research. You will be required to include websites with a link to a publicly available secondary data set, and a short description of how you will use publicly available sources as secondary data.
Sources for secondary data must be found from some of these:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (www.abs.gov.au) and/or other countries’ bureaus of statistics
- Annual reports
- Exchange rates (www.xe.com)
- Stock exchange data from various countries
- Job advert sites (e.g. www.seek.com)
- Social media metrics (e.g. Facebook likes; Tweets; Videos….)
- Discussion forums/message boards on websites
- News articles on the web
- Google “Open Data” to access thousands of data sets on various fields
3. A research question or questions that can be answered with the secondary data set you identified; this requires clarity on the questions and possibly a more detailed definition of variables or key themes to be explored.
4. The search terms you propose to use in Google Scholar to identify literature in the field of the research question.
5. Pick (at least) FIVE peer-reviewed scholarly articles that arise from the result of your search and that you think will be suitable to become part of your project's literature review. Write two sentences that combine THREE (or more) of these sources (referenced correctly) and provide them in a reference list.