Details of Assessment
Term and Year 1, 2017 Time allowed 5 Weeks
Assessment No 2 Assessment Weighting 50%
Assessment Type Individual Assessment
Due Date Week No. 7 Room TBA
Details of Subject
Qualification BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership & Management
Subject Name Marketing
Details of Unit(s) of competency
Unit Code (s) and Names BSBMKG609 Develop a marketing plan
Details of Student
Student Declaration: I declare that the work submitted is my own, and has not been copied or plagiarised from any person or source. Signature: ___________________________
Details of Assessor
Assessor’s Name Robert Cutuli
0 Satisfactory 0 Not Satisfactory
Marks / 50
FEEDBACK TO STUDENT
Progressive feedback to students, identifying gaps in competency and comments on positive improvements:
Student Declaration: I declare that I have been assessed in this unit, and I have been advised of my result. I also am aware of my appeal rights and reassessment procedure.
Date: ____/_____/_____ Assessor Declaration: I declare that I have conducted a fair, valid, reliable and flexible assessment with this student, and I have provided appropriate feedback
0 Student did not attend the feedback session.
Feedback provided on assessment.
Purpose of the Assessment
The purpose of this assessment is to assess the student in the following learning outcomes: Satisfactory
(S) Not yet Satisfactory
Develop a marketing plan
Assessment/evidence gathering conditions
Each assessment component is recorded as either Satisfactory (S) or Not Satisfactory (NS). A student can only achieve competence when all assessment components listed under Purpose of the assessment section are Satisfactory. Your trainer will give you feedback after the completion of each assessment. A student who is assessed as NS (Not Satisfactory) is eligible for re-assessment.
Resources required for this Assessment
• Upon completion, submit the assessment to your trainer along with assessment coversheet
• Refer to the subject notes on E-Learning prior to responding to the tasks/questions
• Any additional material will be provided by Trainer
Instructions for Students
Please read the following instructions carefully
• This assessment has to be completed 0 In class 1 At home
• The assessment is to be completed according to the instructions given by your assessor.
• Feedback on each task will be provided to enable you to determine how your work could be improved. You will be provided with feedback on your work within 2 weeks of the assessment due date. All other feedbacks will be provided by the end of the term.
• Should you not answer the questions correctly, you will be given feedback on the results and your gaps in knowledge. You will be given another opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and skills to be deemed competent for this unit of competency.
• If you are not sure about any aspects of this assessment, please ask for clarification from your assessor.
• Please refer to the College re-assessment and re-sit policy for more information.
BSBMKG609: Develop a marketing plan
Due: week 7
1. You have been appointed to the newly created position of Marketing Manager at Wellington Wines.
2. Wellington Wines (Pty) Ltd is a successful single production site winery situated at Mudgee in New South Wales. Wellington Wines currently sells the following branded products in the Australian market through both the independent and the supermarket chains:
• Wellington Sauvignon Blanc - 750 ml bottled wine
• Wellington Chardonnay - 750ml bottled wine
3. Key Data for Wellington Wines (Pty) Ltd based on simulated Financial Year (FY) report of 2015:
? Sales revenue for the FY 2015 was $50 million (AUD)
? Average gross sales revenue per case (12 x750ml) for the FY 2015 was $120.00 (AUD)
? Average trade mark up in the supermarket sector for the FY 2015 was 30%
? 2% of sales revenue is allocated as Marketing budget for the following FY
1. The shareholders want you to grow sales by 15 per cent in the Australian market and you are required to prepare a detailed marketing plan for FY2016-17.
Your marketing plan (report format) should include the following:
I. Executive Summary.
II. Current Situation.
III. Objectives and Issues.
IV. Target Market, Customer Analysis and Positioning.
V. Marketing Strategy.
VI. Marketing Programs.
VII Financial and Operational Plans
VIII. Metrics and Implementation Control.
Instructions to Follow:
1. Please submit this assessment in Week 7. Word limit is between 2000- 2500 words.
2. You can complete this assessment as a group of 3 (maximum) or individually.
3. A student who submits a late assessment without approval for an extension of the due date will be penalised by 10 per cent per week. Assessment will not be accepted after two week of due date. No assessment will be accepted after week 9 (unless you got a Doctor’s Certificate to prove you were sick).
4. If you work in Group; name and ID of all the group members must be included in the Cover Page of the Assessment. Future claims/excuses are not accepted.
Please consult the resources (BOTH RESOURCES A&B) uploaded along with this Assessment for additional information to complete the Assessment