Individual Research Analysis
Students are required to submit a 1500-word report in which they investigate one (1) entrepreneurial organisation, selected from the list below.
• Marriott International Inc.
The research analysis should address the following:
1. Researching a range of academic sources, develop a comprehensive definition of entrepreneurship.
2. Provide a brief overview of the history of the chosen organisation. Consider the establishment, growth & development of the organisation, as well as any recent challenges faced.
3. Referring to Frederick, O'Connor & Kuratko (2013), outline at least two (2) entrepreneurial schools of thought that relate to the establishment & growth of the chosen organisation. Provide examples from the organisation's past to support the selection of these schools of thought.
4. Discuss at least three (3) emerging trends (consumer, economic, social, technological, political, etc.) that are likely to have an impact on the organisation's industry in the future.
5. Considering the identified trends as potential opportunities or threats to growth, propose at least three (3) new growth strategies that the organisation could implement in the future to increase their market share/revenue.
The analysis must be submitted in compliance with the following:
1. Consider the organisation from the perspectives of entrepreneurship in practice and present your considerations in relation to the theoretical underpinnings of entrepreneurship.
2. Must be presented in a report format of 1500 words in length (±10%).
3. Report must be uploaded to the learning portal. No email or hard copies will be accepted.
4. The report will be due on Sunday of Week 4 at 11:55pm.
5. A minimum of 6 references (minimum 4 academic & minimum 2 other sources) must be used. These must be referenced in the Harvard style, both in-text and in a reference list. References to 'Wikipedia' or similar unsubstantiated sources will not be accepted.
6. In the event of serious illness or unusual circumstances, a student may apply for special consideration in accordance with the rules and regulations governing this application, but it is important that such requests be made as soon as the circumstance is known.