Assessment item 3
Report: Trends and Challenges of IHRM for MNCs
Due date: 09-Oct-2017
Return date: 30-Oct-2017
Length: 2500 words (+1- 10%)
Submission method options
Alternative submission method
Assume that you work in a multinational corporation (MNC). As the Head of HR you have been given the task to prepare a Business Report to critically review and evaluate the current trends and challenges affecting HRM internationally. You have to critically analyse how these challenges impact on the future HRM practices for your MNC.
In answering this question you will need to:
• Identify three key trends and challenges for international HRM (e.g. technology, education, mobility etc.).
• Analyse how these three trends and challenges impact upon, and affect the HRM practices for an MNC.
Support your discussion with at least 12 academic references.
This assessment fosters the development of communications, presentation, academic literacy, information literacy and critical thinking skills. Students will apply their learning in this subject to study a current issue in International HRM in depth, drawing on academic literature, critical reflection, and professional practice. When preparing this Report, we hope that you will be able to:
• critically analyse international business activity in the context of current and emerging international HRM theory;
• explain the complexity of cross-cultural differences with respect to the integration of international business activity and international human resource management practice;
• reflect, contrast and critically evaluate the differences and similarities in human resource management practices among different cultures;
• examine and justify criteria for selecting, preparing, managing and repatriating international managers;
• compare and contrast approaches to international human resource management practice; and
• critically discuss emerging issues in international business and their human resource management implications.
It is assumed that you are familiar with the conventions of report writing. For guidance,
you can get help from
In terms of requirement specific to this subject, you should:
• include a cover page that shows the subject code and name, your name and student number, the assignment title and number. Please include the total word count in the cover page. The word count includes everything other than the cover page and the reference list. It includes in-text citations and text included in images.
• include a header showing the subject code, assignment number, your name and student number as well as page number.
• use 12 point font, 1.5 line spacing, justify pagination.
• do not use footnotes or endnotes.
• appendices may be used but note that an appendix should contain only supplementary stand alone information that is not core to the paper. Information in appendices will not be assessed.
• in-text citations and a reference list must be provided using APA style of referencing.
• Upload a Word document to TURNITIN. Do not upload pdf or rtf or Pages files.
• Marks will be reduced for failure to follow presentation requirements.
As per the CSU Referencing Policy, proper referencing is required for each task. Please use the APA referencing format, which can be found at http://student.csu.edu.au/study/referencing-at-csu
You are required to use Tumitin to check for plagiarism
(http://student.csu.edu.au/library/integrity/referencing-at-csu/checking) in your assessments before submission. Please provide the screen shot of your Turnitin similarity report when you submit Assessment 3. This page should be included at the very end of the report.
Assessment Information [Show]
• Student Feedback and Learning Analytics [Show]
Services and Support [show]
CSU Policies and Regulations [Show]