Assessment item 3
Addendum to report on the 7 Eleven case
Due date: 09-Oct-2017
Return date: 30-Oct-2017
Length: 1,400 words -1+ 10%
Submission method options
Alternative submission method
This assessment extends the analysis that you completed in Assessment 2. You are asked to discuss the implications of the7 Eleven inquiry report for non-union forms of employee representation and bargaining structures in the Australian ER system.
Turn your mind to the following questions:
1. To what extent would non-union forms of employee representation and voice alleviate the issues raised in the case? Support your answer with evidence relating to non-union representation.
2. What changes to bargaining structures in the retail industry do you believe are appropriate to avoid the issues that arose in the 7 Eleven case. Support your answer with reference to relevant evidence regarding the effectiveness of bargaining structures in Australia. You may introduce overseas examples if relevant.
As this assessment extends your work in Assessment 2, it is not necessary to repeat that material in detail. It will be sufficient to provide an overview of the 7 Eleven case and then move into your answer to this assessment task.
This assessment will help you to demonstrate your achievement of the following learning outcomes in HRM523:
• synthesise and apply theoretical frameworks and scholarly research to critically analyse issues relating to the practice of industrial relations in Australia;
• employ academic writing and information literacy skills to produce robust, well-supported argument related to industrial relations issues;
• produce informed, relevant and well-communicated business advice and/or research papers relating to industrial relations issues.
Marking guide for Assessment 3
Criterion High 0 ID CR PS rt. .tank
Orgicalan of speciafist knoaredge prod thedry PeariectIves) Relevant ER knowledge from academic. plotesacesst end news sources is applied wth CObtei trowel% to analyse maple poor of NOW 10 4darot.sog be quaston Reenant ER knowledge horn academe. professional end news bOurCOS is 00400.1 tottretty to analyse tee poebons of the moor stakeholders in addroz.ng the queston ER knowledge is used to support the soceptvent Hosever, die sources ere not al Of good dually. arKlke 74y are not used eaesevely to aupgort an independent argument ER knowledge is uudlOoes to describe the case and to descrre Pena of .Aew releerg to the question The paper does not owe far beyond desorption end essertIon of others- views. The extant 01 value add In cnordi thought is trotod not
20 rreatt goddess fie dueertah
Stelentale nnorronendeinno OS marks) The refoommencloban ate MyOttentbbot 0th the *Won cl tne queseans and ntorrocd by rob:want sourus. *Recommendabons era ocorAsteni ern, Ins ana5016; however Moto may be gaps in consistency and.br ooppottog malarial Recinmenilatiora addr000 Ina gaps, denunod. Weever, lhe f noceornenclabono may be wetly general or othontaco uneven n the extent to obbh bray address de gaps dandled Teens may deo bo gaps yr the osofioetoon of the recommendabons ReCornmendebOne may be supollcial or Mt reel connected lo the eneyes. or be pbOrly jusofted boss nel eddreet POI pod of the goatee.
froxo' /nada ea ore dodo:fad for poor natervecteg and ',oboe to Woe, the Ornsontabon Insenrenons)
Use the following format for this report.
- Title page, showing the subject and assessment details, your name and student
number, and the word count (this will be checked)
- Table of contents page (not included in the word count)
- Appropriate headings and sub headings, with numbered paragraphs and sub-
- Reference list of sources that have been cited in the report. There is no minimum
number of references. (Fifteen appropriate references is a guide only.)
An executive summary is not required.
The title page, table of contents and reference list page/s are not included in the word count. Everything else is included. Words contained in tables and images are included. Do not use appendices, footnotes or endnotes.
Use 1.5 line spacing and 12 point font.
Marks will be deducted for incorrect referencing and for failure to follow the instructions.