Individual Case Study 2
Wtg% Due date Notes
Individual Case Study 2 (2000 words)
Strict adherence to the word limit is essential with a 10% margin either way - only.
100 45 Thursday 12th October
2017 See below
You should write the case study in such a way that you start your answers from line 1. That is, there is no need to large introductions that we see in essays. You should apply the principles you have learned from the lecture material/tutorials/readings that are specific to the case study. Case Study 2 answers should be written in narrative form (i.e. sentences must be used, avoid bullet points), and should be 2000 words, give or minus a 10% margin only and single spaced. Each case study should be referenced by including a list of references at the end of the case. More marks are gained by the quality of research applied in practice and the overall quality of the answer. Please Note: Overall word count does not include Tables and Figures which you are free to use if required. You should include in your case study:
1. A template for Case Study 2 has been provided on the study desk. It includes: cover sheet with your Name, Student Number, Course Name, Lecturer, Semester and Date of Submission and the Marking Criteria Sheet;
2. Your assignment should be submitted using the Study Desk via the Turnitin link - which has been provided;
3. Please quote the relevant texts and readings to support your answers. Answers in the narrative section of your case answers unsupported by readings will be regarded as guesswork and generalisations and will not pass the case assessment;
4. If you feel you need to attach some other interesting report or facts not required in the main body of your case answer, please add this as an appendix. Then in your text close to where you discuss this, you should add in brackets (please refer Appendix 1) - for example. Pleas see the Style Guide below for how to use references in your case studies. Task/Questions for the case can be found at the conclusion of the case.
Individual Case Study 2
Use the WMC case information from Case Study 1.
Based on your analysis of WMC in Case Study 1, you are now required to continue your external change advice to WMC. Case Study 2 requires you to identify theories that will assist with change intervention ideas to solve the company’s range of change issues.
Use the same list of issues and assumptions from Case Study 1. However, if needed, add additional relationship and behavioural assumptions based on less than perfect information as follows:
1. Based on Hayes (2014) Chapter 9 and Battilana, Gilmartin, Sengul, Pache & Alexander (2010) journal article, identify appropriate leadership approaches and competencies when implementing planned organisational change at WMC. (700 words)
2. Based on your analysis of WMC, what types of interventions will assist and improve organisational effectiveness? Discuss in relation to Hayes (2014) Chapter 16. (650 words)
3. Using Hayes (2014) Chapter 27 and Branmark & Benn (2012) Reading 8, discuss how WMC can sustain change? How will strategies be identified and problems addressed. (650 words).
Please note: use a minimum of 10 references (including the one’s listed above) to support your answers