UNIT - PRINCIPLES OF INCOME TAX LAW (Post Graduate)
POLICY BASED ESSAY QUESTION (APPROX 1,500 WORDS)
Topic: Some have argued that Australia should raise the rate of GST so as to lower personal income tax rates. Discuss the arguments for and against such a proposal. In your discussion, please consider this in the context of fairness, efficiency, protection of government revenue and any other relevant considerations.
1. A thorough critical analysis of the issue raised Persuasively argued, demonstrating critical evaluation.
2. Thoroughly researched Effective use of sources to support argument Sources accurately and appropriately used
3. Well presented, structured with clear analysis
4. Word Limit 1500 Words (References, including statute and cases; Diagrams; Tables; Calculations will not form part of the word count)
5. AGLC style of referencing is preferred
6. Encouraged to use appropriate heading and sub-headings for purposes of clarity and presentation
7. Any use of equations, table, data or any other source of information etc, must be cited the correct sections of the relevant legislation, case law, articles, scholarly work or any other academic sources.