Details of Assessment
Term and Year 3, 2017 Time allowed 4 weeks
Assessment No 2 Assessment Weighting 50%
Assessment Type Project
Due Date Week No. 7 Room K 611
Details of Subject
Qualification BSB60407 Advanced Diploma of Management
Subject Name Innovation
Details of Unit(s) of competency
Unit Code (s) and Names BBSBCOM603C Plan and establish compliance management systems
BSBMGT608C Manage innovation and continuous improvement
Details of Student
College Student ID
Student Declaration: I declare that the work submitted is my own, and has not been copied or plagiarised from any person or source. Signature: ___________________________
Details of Assessor
Assessor’s Name Robert Cutuli / Nadioa Chowdhury
0 Satisfactory 0 Not Satisfactory
Marks / 50
FEEDBACK TO STUDENT
Progressive feedback to students, identifying gaps in competency and comments on positive improvements:
Student Declaration: I declare that I have been assessed in this unit, and I have been advised of my result. I also am aware of my appeal rights and reassessment procedure.
Date: ____/_____/_____ Assessor Declaration: I declare that I have conducted a fair, valid, reliable and flexible assessment with this student, and I have provided appropriate feedback
0 Student did not attend the feedback session.
Feedback provided on assessment.
Purpose of the Assessment
The purpose of this assessment is to assess the student in the following learning outcomes: Satisfactory
(S) Not yet Satisfactory
Determine applicable compliance requirements
Identify and select an appropriate compliance program/management system
Plan required compliance program/ management system
Document required compliance program/ management system
Establish the planned compliance program/ management system
Review programs, systems and processes
Develop options for continuous improvement
Implement innovative processes
Assessment/evidence gathering conditions
Each assessment component is recorded as either Satisfactory (S) or Not Satisfactory (NS). A student can only achieve competence when all assessment components listed under Purpose of the assessment section are Satisfactory. Your trainer will give you feedback after the completion of each assessment. A student who is assessed as NS (Not Satisfactory) is eligible for re-assessment.
Resources required for this Assessment
• Upon completion, submit the assessment to your trainer along with assessment coversheet
• Refer to the subject notes on E-Learning prior to responding to the tasks/questions
• Any additional material will be provided by Trainer
Instructions for Students
Please read the following instructions carefully
• This assessment has to be completed 0 In class 1 At home
• The assessment is to be completed according to the instructions given by your assessor.
• Feedback on each task will be provided to enable you to determine how your work could be improved. You will be provided with feedback on your work within 2 weeks of the assessment due date. All other feedbacks will be provided by the end of the term.
• Should you not answer the questions correctly, you will be given feedback on the results and your gaps in knowledge. You will be given another opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and skills to be deemed competent for this unit of competency.
• If you are not sure about any aspects of this assessment, please ask for clarification from your assessor.
• Please refer to the College re-assessment and re-sit policy for more information.
Allocated Marks: 50%
Due: In Week 7 during class time
• Choose an organisation that you are familiar with.
• You will need to access information about your organisation’s current strategic directions, key business systems and processes and information relating to performance in these key business processes.
• Sometimes you may not get any access to this information because of business confidential. Then to explore your information, you will need to use your commonsense, intelligence, imagination and creativity to explore your necessary data and information. This is a learning exercise.
PROJECT TASK (15 marks)
PART 1: Review programs, systems and processes (Use AS ISO 10002:2006 Customer satisfactions - Guidelines for complaints handling in organizations)
A. Identify and analyse changing trends in terms of positive/opportunities and negative/threats relevant to the organisation.
B. Make a list of the key systems and processes used within the organisation, or within one business unit of the organisation.
C. Outline the strategies you will use to monitor and evaluate the performance of these key systems and processes.
D. Analyse any available performance related information and variance from plans for at least one key result areas (KRA) of the organisation. For example, you may examine data related to budget performance, customer service performance, environmental factors, financial performance, OHS, quality or any other operating parameters.
PART 2: Develop options for continuous improvement – foster creativity and innovation. (Use AS 3806:2006 Compliance programs) (15 marks)
A. Conduct a brainstorming session (within your team/ if individual then consult with your friends) and generate a range of innovative ideas to improve performance of your selected business process or system.
B. Identify the primary and secondary stakeholders for your chosen organization. Get feedback from the relevant stakeholders about new ideas relevant to the organisational improvement.
C. Discuss strategies that you will use to foster innovation and creativity in the organisation.
D. Prepare a briefing session for a group of staff on how to improve performance.
PART 3: Implement innovative processes in the organisation (Use AS ISO 15489:2004 Records management) (20 Marks)
Specific Tasks: Prepare an action plan for implementation of the innovative ideas for improvement in your chosen organization. This plan should include the following:
A. Objectives, timeframes and measures for the improvement
B. Communication plans (Stakeholders and Communication Medium)
C. Strategies to promote continuous improvement on an ongoing basis
D. Describe how you will monitor, evaluate and modify the activities and interventions you have included in your action plan in the event of non-performance or failure or to continuously improve your ideas.
• This is a team assignment (encouraged) - team of 3 - 4
• Late submission will incur a penalty of 10% per day
• Project must not exceed more than 10 pages
• The declaration on the cover-sheet must be signed by all team members
• Font size 12, Bookman Old Style, 1.5 spacing, 1 inch margin in all sides
• Copy from any sources will result in subject failure.
• Do not provide only hints or bullet points.
END OF THE PROJECT