Assessment 1: Product review: Report analysing innovative practices 20%
Write an evaluation report on either a local or international product or service that you consider is innovative.
Written Assignment Instructions:
Choose a product or service that you have close access to and analyse and evaluate the introduction of the product/service, taking into account the following criteria. (choose a specific existing REAL PRODUCT OR SERVICE IN THE MARKET)
Research for this report will involve both primary and secondary sources of information. Primary sources of information will include your own observations, and, where possible, interviews with the company and any other relevant parties (e.g. consumers, suppliers, etc.). Secondary sources of information will include undertaking appropriate literature research on articles that comment on the product and the product’s introduction into the market place.
The objective of this report is to prepare an individual paper on a relevant company and use this as a guide to analysing innovation in products and/or services offered within the marketplace.
The criteria must address the following considerations: (MUST FOLLOW THESE QUESTION TO ANSWER THE REPORT CORRECTLY BASE ON THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE YOU CHOOSE)
- Why you consider your choice to be a suitable example of an innovative product or service.
- Whether it is revolutionary or evolutionary innovation and why you believe this is so.
- Analysis of the seven sources of innovation in relation to your chosen product or service and discussion of the various principles used.
You will be assessed on the following requirements:
- An overview of the topic 3%
- A critique of the listed criteria 7%
- Written evaluation of the topic according to the criteria and any issues raised 7%
- A bibliography and explanation of how the information was obtained; this may
include appendices where appropriate 3%
- Work is to be logically organised, submitted electronically and each page should be identified with the student’s name and student identification number.
- Meet the required word count of 1000 words (+/-) 10%
- Size 12 Arial Font - 1.5 line spacing and margins of 2.5cm
- Numbered headings are required for a report
- Page numbers are required for a report
- Contents page is required for a report
- Use appropriate academic language including APA referencing.
- Include a minimum of 12 references from varied sources (including textbooks, journals, case studies, magazines, the Internet, utilise various library Databases, etc.).
- This is a formal academic written assessment. As such, it must be structured in an appropriate format that both conveys the topic of discussion and reflects what is being discussed. The assessment should consist of:
- Synopsis / Introduction / Body of discussion / Conclusion / Bibliography & Appendices if required. (MUST INCLUDE ALL THESE PART!!!)
- Visual references should be used where relevant and electronic files made as small as possible.
- Do not include images or graphics for interest only; they must contribute to the discussion and critique of the topic.