Additional Assessment MKT501 201730
Markets, marketing mix, segments and marketing strategies
Due date: within 2 weeks.
Length: 2500 words (excluding references, tables and figures)
Submission method options: CSUMELRequest@studygroup.com
Grade- Pass or Fail
In a marketing audit you need to consider and evaluate the opportunities and threats, the marketing mix, organisation’s segments and the consumer decision-making process for their primary target market. Using Under Armour http://www.underarmour.com.au/ as a case study, and incorporating theoretical concepts into your discussion from chapters 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 of the Pride, et al. (2015), and with the use of other theoretical sources and secondary research, please discuss the following:
1. Briefly describe the industry market for your organisation and applying the PESTLE macro model, evaluate current opportunities and threats facing Under Armour.
2. Discuss marketing orientation concepts (i.e. the marketing concept, the selling concept or production concepts). Explain with examples which concept Under Armour follows.
3. Outline and describe the 8 marketing mix concepts theoretically and apply the components to one of Under Armour’s product offerings. As part of your application be sure to explain and evaluate all of the 8 Ps’of marketing (product, price, place, promotion, people, processes and physical evidence).
4. Using secondary sources regarding consumers’ retail shopping behaviour, identify the major market segments for Under Armour, and outline and evaluate your primary and secondary target markets.
5. Given your research for question 3 and 4, discuss the elements of marketing mix and the target market of Under Armour which should provide you with enough evidence of how Under Armour position itself in the market, use your understanding and provide recommendations for Under Armour (not more than eight recommendations).
Your recommendations should focus on each of the 8Ps’ and illustrate how contemporary issues may impact on Under Armour and its marketing strategy.
For example, for this report, contemporary issues may include, but are not limited to, Corporate Social responsibility (CSR), social media interactions, advances in technology, ethical concerns, environmental concerns and globalisations etc.
This assessment assesses the following learning outcomes:
• be able to find relevant and important information about organisations, their industries and marketplaces from secondary sources;
• be able to evaluate the key marketing aspects of segmentation, targeting and positioning (STP) and be able to analyse an organisation's approach to STP.
Marking criteria- For feedback only- this is a Pass/ Fail Assessment
Criterion :The various skills to be assessed Grade please circle– PASS FAIL
This is about the presentation of the work including: Structure, Format, Grammar, including images Value 15%
Grade range 0-6 Poor grammar, spelling, punctuation, concepts were not clear, no paragraphs or formatting- no images, tables or
Marks 0-2 Some grammatical
sentences were clear and complete clear structure and formatting using headings, and sub headings, some illustrations and diagrams, but not explained and only
decorative Marks 3 Minor grammatical errors, sentences were clear and complete, structure and format were used to aid the reader including diagrams, tables and images, that were relevant to argument, but were still not fully explained or described
Marks 4 Free of grammatical errors Structure and format were clear Sentences were well constructed. Language was concise. Excellent use of diagrams, images and tables that were both visually appealing as well as clearly relevant and explained
Marks 5 Free of grammatical errors Structure and format were clear, logical and consistent. Sentences were well constructed.
Exceptional use of diagrams, images and tables, clearly relevant, explained and insightful
links made Marks 6
Theoretical analysis skills
This criterion is about defining, describing and evaluating the concepts that were found when researching the topic Value 30% Grade range 0-9 Concepts were not defined, described or evaluated, mainly listed without explanation Marks 0-4 Concepts were defined, there was an attempt to provide
descriptions with examples to explain, limited analysis Marks 4.5-5.5 Clear and relevant definitions and descriptions with examples, some attempt to develop analysis by comparing and
contrasting of concepts
Marks 6.-6.5 Clear definitions, descriptions with examples and analysis of concepts
with comparison, with clear
evaluations and conclusions
Marks 7-8.5 Clear definitions, descriptions with examples and analysis of concepts with highly insightful and perceptive comparisons, evaluations and conclusions Marks 9
Application skills This criterion is about linking theory There was no or limited
application to the Case study was described and identified. The Case study was described and identified. The context Case study described and identified and insightful evaluations were made. The Case study described and identified and insightful evaluations were made.
to a specific context, explaining how it relates to a
product/company and making recommendations Value 45% Grade range for 0-12 case study, no examples provided no recommendations
Marks 0-5.5 context was connected briefly to theory, but the
was not well supported by arguments Marks 6-8 was connected to theory with clear links. There were relevant market discussion and recommendations were
Marks 8.5-9 context was connected to theory with clear, creative and logical links. There were relevant, well supported recommendations and market discussions with explicit connections to theoretical arguments
Marks 9.5-11.5 The context was connected to theory with exceptional, logical and imaginative links. The market
highly relevant , realistic and supported with explicit connections to
Referencing Skills This criterion was about the application of
APA6th referencing Value 10% Grade range 0-3 There was limited or no attempt at in text or end of text referencing Marks 0 There was an attempt to apply referencing, but style and application were inconsistent and some points remain unreferenced
Marks 1 Referencing applied.
style/application was inconsistent with some
errors in text/reference list
Mark 1.5 Both the in text and end reference list were consistent in terms of style and application of APA6.
Marks 2 Both the in text and end reference list were consistent in terms of style and application of APA6. Referencing apparent in all places where expected